67 GTX/Belvedere/Satellite opinions.

-
Well I did buy one, but not one mentioned. He decided to keep the GTX, and there were a few issues with the Satellite. In the end he had a third car...a Belvedere 2. I feel we reached a deal that was fair to both of us. I'll post pics, or start a thread later. I don't want to throw it out there now as I don't know if he is on the forums, and I live in a very small town.

Well I did buy one, but not one mentioned. He decided to keep the GTX, and there were a few issues with the Satellite. In the end he had a third car...a Belvedere 2. I feel we reached a deal that was fair to both of us. I'll post pics, or start a thread later. I don't want to throw it out there now as I don't know if he is on the forums, and I live in a very small town.

Cool! I recently became a Belvedere II owner as well. I won't clog up your thread with pics of mine, though.

I really don't see the point anymore. I'll actually drive it 5-10K a year. Car seats in the back, setting off car alarms, ect. The days of numbers cars sitting in old farts garages is drawing to an end. The market of buyers is shrinking for sure.

I agree that the market for SOME of the muscle cars is coming to an end. The geezers are passing away or losing interest because of higher priorities. It is harder for them/us to crawl around and fix their own cars. Parts are getting more expensive, if you can find them. [1970 Dart 6 cyl exhaust system NLA. Or $400 plus install from Mancini racing].

The high end rare cars will always keep their value. But these cars are reserved for the rich who drive to car shows and then park them in air conditioned/heated garages, pay high insurance premiums, etc.

This 'market fallout' happened to Model A Fords a few decades ago, but they came back.

I hear a lot of talk about how the market for muscle cars is fading yet I get more comments then ever when I drive my fastback. And I have been driving an old mopar since I the 70s. Its not only 50+ people... young people too!

Agree with the above, plus-

let's count the number of current TV shows that feature everything from the auction scene (from multiple perspectives) to backyard repairs, to nut and bolt resto, to high end customs.

Mostly on 60's and 70's cars.

I bet we can get a dozen if we try.

I think the future of classic cars in uncertain. One one hand people love the look and simplicity, but on the other they could be eliminated because of politics (climate change agenda) . Also newer muscle cars are involved in a lot of crashes etc. The classic car/muscle car hobby is an easy target for insurance and politics. Lets hope not because in reality they contribute very little to these issues.

-
Back