67 rear valance cut out question

-

31pickemup

Reaction score
Ok I have a 67 barracuda fastback. Its a factory 383 automatic car. my question is my rear valance only has one cut out on the drivers side. Im pretty sure its supposed to have two. Has anybody ever run into this before? Im not sure if I should change it when I repaint it this winter.

Adam

Umm, if it is a true 383 car it should have dual cut-outs. If not it may be cloned or it has been replaced. As for changing it, that piece is the entire rear body panel. I just got one from 521 resto's and it is a nice piece. What I heard is they only made them with no backup light holes so those will need to be cut out. Mine has no holes which was perfect for my 68 383 Formula "S" auto on the floor. If yours is a true 383 car the 5th letter in the V.I.N. number should be an "H"..

Here is mine with the correct tips,

Yep its a true 383 car. Has the correct vin and fender tag. Also it has the correct torque boxes in front of the shackle mounts. Its a California car and all 67 cars had no chrome tips available that year except the resonator type off the 273 super commando model. Maybe it was hit or they just put the wrong one on. hmmmmmm

Easy enough to do a little body work and make yourself two cut-outs, as opposed to changing the whole valance. That's what I did.

-
Back