67 SB Power steering pressure hose

-

4spdragtop

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Hi, Im looking to order a PS pressure hose for our small block 67 Barracuda.
I was going to order thru Rock Auto as any local places want approx $150 to make one.
Has anyone ordered one from a parts store lately? Im wondering if RA has correct hose? From their website it looks "similar" but fitting orientation looks different?
Does anyone have fitting #'s? I have a hose/crimping machine at work and could make one if I could get my hands on the fittings.
**None of their hoses state for which PS pump**??
Mine is a TRW.
Havent had great luck with RA, their parts can be mislabelled/identified.
Ill post pics of my hose shortly and from Rock Auto website.
Thanks for the help.

20180710_191836.jpg

352700-1_TOP_A__ra_m.jpg

Last edited:
My original looked just like the RockAuto one, I also have the TRW pump.
The Factory parts book list two different numbers for the Barracuda with an 8 cylinder (no PS on 383 in 67)
2267598 and 2537802
The one you show as your original looks like 2267598

If you look at the fitting in the center there are a series of numbers, one of them is the part number.

I'd be interested in what number is on your hose.

Best I can tell that hose is not available, the other one will work just fine.

Alan

Thanks Al! Fitting in the center? The crimped on union?
I'm at work at don't have parts manual with me. 2 different hose #'s most be for 2 different pump types?
Rock Auto doesn't specify which is which.
I'll dig up a pic with my hose installed.
Oh have you got a ps rebuild kit #?
Thanks!
The Factory parts book list two different numbers for the Barracuda with an 8 cylinder (no PS on 383 in 67)
2267598 and 2537802

If you look at the fitting in the center there are a series of numbers, one of them is the part number.

Alan

Correct, the union/reducer
The only difference between the two hoses is the horseshoe bend, both fittings are the same.

Alan

Lol yeah that horseshoe bend. Any hose place here would cut mine off and reuse it. Not for $150 lol.
I'll roll the dice with Rock Auto.
Thanks Al!
Correct, the union/reducer
The only difference between the two hoses is the horseshoe bend, both fittings are the same.

Alan

I'd rotate the 90^ adapter to point to the side then place the hose pointing forward to move it away from the manifold.
With mine I looped it under the battery tray and back to the pump, (the way both this car and my 67 Valiant were).
The parts book shows the 2537802 hose on the 273-4 and the 2267598 on the 273-2
My car had the 2537802 with the 273-2 and it was original, not likely replaced.
As far as I know all 67 Barracuda's used the same TRW pump.

Alan

Last edited:
Ok so strictly TRW pumps for 67, makes sense that RA doesn't specify for one or the other.
I'll see what the new hose looks like and orient it.
Thanks again for clarifying and advice Al
I'd rotate the 90^ adapter to point to the side then place the hose pointing forward to move it away from the manifold.
With mine I looped it under the battery tray and back to the pump. (the way both this car and my 67 Valiant were).
The parts book shows the 2537802 hose on the 273-4 and the 2267598 on the 273-2
My car had the 2537802 with the 273-2 and it was original, not likely replaced
As far as i know all 67 Barracuda's used the same TRW pump.

Alan

Outta curiosity why would 2 bl vs 4 bl have a different ps hose?
No idea, for 30+ years I have been trying to figure that out.
Everything is the same,
Pump, pulley, brackets, belt, steering gear, fittings, exhaust manifold....

Alan

Yep LOTS of similarities between the 2 engines. Once I get home in the am I'll chk the union for numbers.
While we are at it, I plan on bolting external 273 stuff to a 340, would there be any reason why the ps pump won't work on 340?
No idea, for 30+ years I have been trying to figure that out.
Everything is the same,
Pump, pulley, brackets, belt, steering gear, fittings, exhaust manifold....

Alan

Yep LOTS of similarities between the 2 engines. Once I get home in the am I'll chk the union for numbers.
While we are at it, I plan on bolting external 273 stuff to a 340, would there be any reason why the ps pump won't work on 340?
You need the iron pump to transfer this pump and brackets.
That would include the early timing cover.

Alan

Would appreciate photos of hose that you end up with. I have '68 cuda w/ factory P/S. My original hose looks just like your small block. Have been unable to locate an exact replacement. TRW pump.

I ran into the same problem when the pressure hose on my 67 Dart (273 2 barrel) developed a leak. The hose looked like yours, tried every auto parts store, online and Year One, etc. And nothing, ended up getting one for a slant six. It works, and nobody notices it's wrong, but I know it is. Kept my old one and eventually I will get it remade.

Will do, I now when I worked for CAT we were able to break hoses down by individual #'s. Would be nice to have that option.
Would appreciate photos of hose that you end up with. I have '68 cuda w/ factory P/S. My original hose looks just like your small block. Have been unable to locate an exact replacement. TRW pump.

Well took hose off again and did some scrubbing/scouring. I found part # 2537980 on the horseshoe end.
Google brought up this lol. I guess that explains why rock auto hoses looked different.
Mopar NOS 1968 Charger Super Bee Road Runner 426 HEMI P/s Power Steering Hose | eBay
2267598 and 2537802

Alan

I have an original 2267598 with the loop at the end.
I'll get a picture of it this evening for a reference.

The interesting thing is in 67 the same hose (2537802) was used on the Commando 273 and the Hemi
The 2267598 hose was an A-body only one. Still don't get why the 273-2 and 273-4 would use a different hose.

Per the Factory parts book the RockAuto one looks more correct for the 273-4 than the one you had.
Get the one from RockAuto and put your old one on eBay.

Alan

Am interested in what we can come up with. Mine is '68 cuda BB, P/S. P/S not available on earlier models but my BB P/S hose is the same as the SB. Here is photos of my BB hose- just to add to the confusion.

100_2399.JPG

100_2400.JPG

The original hose is the 2267598, the other is the typical one size fits all hose (which is identical to the 2537802)
2018-07-17_001.jpg

2018-07-17_002.jpg

Alan

Interesting. Thanks for pics,my hose # is stamped on the big shaped fitting. The middle union only had " ANCHOR" and the logo stamped on it.
Am interested in what we can come up with. Mine is '68 cuda BB, P/S. P/S not available on earlier models but my BB P/S hose is the same as the SB. Here is photos of my BB hose- just to add to the confusion.

View attachment 1715199777

View attachment 1715199778

The original hose is the 2267598, the other is the typical one size fits all hose (which is identical to the 2537802)
2018-07-17_001.jpg

2018-07-17_002.jpg

Alan

Cuda Al, I have both of the hoses you show- the replacement currently available and my original hose. I cut off the insulator at the reduction and found underneath "ANCHOR". Rest of hose too rusted to find any numbers. So I guess the lesson here is that no exact replacement is available, that we will have to be content with what is available. Thanks for the input, you guys are great. Hate to bring it up but I have not been able to find suitable insulator tubing for these hoses-You?

Cuda Al, I have both of the hoses you show- the replacement currently available and my original hose. I cut off the insulator at the reduction and found underneath "ANCHOR". Rest of hose too rusted to find any numbers. So I guess the lesson here is that no exact replacement is available, that we will have to be content with what is available. Thanks for the input, you guys are great. Hate to bring it up but I have not been able to find suitable insulator tubing for these hoses-You?
I have an original piece of that in near perfect condition, I'll measure it and see what I can come up with.

Alan

I believe that foam insulator is more a vibration/noise dampener as both my Barracuda and the Valiant that I had the hose looped under the battery tray and that union would be against the sheet metal.

Alan

-
Back