67 twin turbo dart

-
I heard from QMP today will go pick up the heads on Thursday, they installed a big sert and a regular sert in, i should not have any more problems of pulling these out. Cant say enough good thing about them.

IMG_20190212_092025.jpg

Oh me too, it should the shims openings were just at 1/2" and between the shim and the stand for the rocker was why it pulled through, but this set up puts the outer pressure on the outer sert and the bolt to mount the shaft rocker set up for hughes to the head will grip the full body inner sert so they both that their own grip. Does that make sense?

Here's where the new outer insert will be clamped or bolted I'm comparison to the shims and stand, which they measure .555" bigger then the .500 that the old kit from hughes used, so it wont be pushing down around and pulling inside and up the insert like it did before it will be way better this way.

20190212_200530.jpg

20190212_200542.jpg

20190212_200652.jpg

Forgot to also mention ordered a crank scrapper and a windage tray, I know I have a deep pan but figure why not.

Picked up the heads and balancer today, drove through some bad rain storm was fun, it rained so hard that my sensor on my diesel registered water in the fuel, so Mike and QMP let me use some card board to lay on and a screw driver to purge the fuel from both filters. They really do treat you like family

Got the scrapper in today, thank you Kevin at Home, great guy, made per order. Will get it put on soon once the windage tray comes in and button up the bottom end.

20190215_152630.jpg

Well one step forward and another back lol, well the head serts are perfect no issue, not sure if my 3/8 drive torque wrench is out of whack or what but first two pair torqued just fine on then drivers side but the last pair the stands bloomed out, not sure what happened there, the pedestals could have rotated before I tightened, sent pictures to hughes to see what they think and needed to order 3 new stands. Got the scraper adjusted and painted due to raw metal, and also got the new drip stick I have for this block since QMP wasn't comfortable to drill the stock location hole, but it's an adjustable for depth by lokar, so filled the pan with 7 qts what I'll be running with water for adjustment.

20190217_111358.jpg

20190217_111406.jpg

20190217_161106.jpg

20190217_161113.jpg

Repainted the pan and will lock tight the bolts and seal the aluminum piece to the pan with some black silicone. Did have to drill a hole for the rear drain back on the ritter block in the scraper.

Well got the longer balancer bolt, crank and water pump pulley bolts and 4 new stands all ordered today. Hopefully it all starts to work after these new stands. Going to modify the windage tray for my 4 bolt mains to clear just cut the slots out to go over them.

Well the CVF pulley's wont work with my ATI balancer so will get my money back and hopefully the march pulley's set will work better. Finished cutting another hole in the windage tray and ordered a steel mesh to weld over the holes, then I can finally put the bottom end all together and flip the engine back over. Here's a picture as well of the pulley's that wont work. Rocker stands should be here tomorrow so I can get those set up and done this next weekend, went back to work last Thursday so things are going to slow down but at least the big stuff is all taken care of.

20190224_141831.jpg

20190224_112522.jpg

I would just with that much spacing even on the single groove so the rear grooves line up like the double groove. It will be off that center button and just on the bolts.

you can get the spacers with a divot on the back & a center button on the front fit on the water pump flange

Cool will look into those, thank you.

The company I got the pulleys from have spacers so I ordered those up.

Last edited:
Well my buddy Daniel came over and helped weld the mesh on the tray, I'm still to much a amature so I just helped and watched and saw how he did it. But cleaned it all up and washed it down good, set the crank scrapper and installed tray and finally got the oil pan on. Flipped the motor over and installed the new rocker stands on the four mushroomed ones. This time marked the way they need to go so I can see where the groove is. Went to torque them all down after setting up the shims, and only one insert broke, always a set back of some sort but more plus then negative. So just need to focus on that, sent the shop a email to see if I can get another inner sert to put in and move forward.

20190302_150845.jpg

20190302_162836.jpg

20190302_160957.jpg

Also ordered up a pair of 46mm precision turbo wastegates that will go on the new turbo headers that Big_Al is making for me. All the old manifolds and pipes plus down pipe and wastegates will be up for sale soon.

Cause the original design of the turbo system was designed for the magnum heads just started running into issues when I wanted a stronger block over a stock block. Wish I would have gone with the Victor's or the trickflows if they were out instead but already money wrapped up in the magnums.

Last edited:
Well the insert will be here tomorrow, big thanks to Mike @QMP. But pulled the pan off real quick to grind down the arp stud for the windage tray it was hitting the oil pan, got that done, spaced the water pump pulley to match and also mocked up the alternator, just need to make the rear spacer. But once the insert is here and in hopefully ot torques all down good, will set the gaps on the rockers and then order up fluids to mate the trans to the engine and get this bad boy in the car. Will order some 2.5" header pipe to just connect it and run the engine to break in before the turbos go on. Once engine is in just all the little stuff to order and put on.

20190310_142757.jpg

Also ordered up a pair of 46mm precision turbo wastegates that will go on the new turbo headers that Big_Al is making for me. All the old manifolds and pipes plus down pipe and wastegates will be up for sale soon.

I have the 46mm gates and they creep. Make sure if you run them put them on the outside of a turn on the header. My 15 pound springs crept to 18 and that was only to 6500. I bet I will see over 20 if I try to go to peak power.

I have the 46mm gates and they creep. Make sure if you run them put them on the outside of a turn on the header. My 15 pound springs crept to 18 and that was only to 6500. I bet I will see over 20 if I try to go to peak power.

Thank you for that info will let Big_Al to do that, hes building me the turn downs now, once I get my gates missed them on Friday cause they required a signature.

T4 Header Flange with Elbows and V band Flanges.jpg

So I'll have him mount them on these. I'm like you prefer wastegates to atmosphere, and if cali has a issue can just throw a small bullet on it lol

-
Back