67 twin turbo dart

-
Had to reconfigure the oil cooler and trans coolers, so checked before I did anything, but had the room just behind the front bumper to mount the oil cooler, so got that all done today, next week will get the trans cooler mounted probably next to the fuel cell under the car.

20190317_174014.jpg

Also got the new insert installed with red lock tight, letting it sit over night till I torque it down. Hopefully this is it with those heads lol

Well got these in today, will ship the flanges off to be welded to the new headers.

20190318_175448.jpg

Well took the day off to get a few things done, still waiting for one of them to see if it can be done today. But did work on the engine, tapped the insert a bit to just make sure it's free from burs, and finally all rockers are torqued down no more breakage from them crossing fingers that was the last. Got them gapped .022 int and .018 exh cold, cam card says .020 int hot and .022 exh hot. Got the intake mounted bummer have to open or angle the opening on the super victor for just two inner hole one per side to fit due to the runners so large. But silicones that on and put the VC on as well but need to shave a little more for clearance. But a step closer.

20190321_110710.jpg

20190321_115040.jpg

20190321_115054.jpg

Thanks just glad those new inserts worked and torqued down, such a big relief. This weekend I'll clearance the valve covers more and get that all done.

Finally got the other race harness, big thanks and shout to carvamcom on Ebay, this guy Wes is awesome takes great care of you, been waiting for this harness to come off back order from the company not his, great guy to deal with. Also got in the new proportioning valve from wilwood, and more fittings for the oil cooler and a carb lift plate going to install the engine and trans separately, have a leveler but I put the intake on oops over excited lol, the new turbo headers should be also done here soon too.

20190401_210526.jpg

20190401_210555.jpg

Well took the day off to get a few things done, still waiting for one of them to see if it can be done today. But did work on the engine, tapped the insert a bit to just make sure it's free from burs, and finally all rockers are torqued down no more breakage from them crossing fingers that was the last. Got them gapped .022 int and .018 exh cold, cam card says .020 int hot and .022 exh hot. Got the intake mounted bummer have to open or angle the opening on the super victor for just two inner hole one per side to fit due to the runners so large. But silicones that on and put the VC on as well but need to shave a little more for clearance. But a step closer.

View attachment 1715306743

View attachment 1715306744

View attachment 1715306745
Sure is Purty

Thanks hope to drop it all in soon and get the little stuff all figured out
Cant wait you will be happy with that alternator i have a 270 amp on my challenger charges at 180 amps at idle also they charge at 15 volts which is good for the electronics & lighting i use a oddesy extreme battery expensive but are not bothered by the higher voltage also have around 13 volts at rest so you get a bit more oomph when starting

Got a few little things done today, finally figured out where to mount the remote oil filter, it will be on the outer passenger side front bumper bracket sideways, had to order longer bolts to space it out a bit, got the fitting to the top of the oil cooler on and the hose to the remote oil filter made and on, front bumper back on. The gauge port on the Earl's wouldn't thread the sensor for the speed but gauge so I drilled and tapped one of the plugs for it, on the in side of the flow so temp will be right off the block. Going to order the LAT trans fluid here soon so I can fill the converter and install that, then in the trans goes then the engine. I bought a carb lift plate to drop the engine in, not sure I trust it to handle the engine and trans. But hopefully maybe next weekend I'll get it in the cars engine and trans then finish a few wires and plumb the rest of the car. Ordered a new trans cooler will be mounted in the back by the fuel cell, will weld in some brackets for it and bolt it in solid. Also got the drivers 5 pt harness in minus the sub will drill that hole out here soon for both sides.

20190407_145639.jpg

20190407_164040.jpg

Got a few little things done today, trans cooler mounted, ordered up the fittings. Got some arp bolts to help bolt the mid plate to the trans, had to cut down three of them. Also drilled the hole for the sub seat belt harness on the drivers side, has a big washer on top and bottom and bolted between the front bolts of the seat mount.

20190414_144059.jpg

20190414_170353.jpg

20190414_185419.jpg

Well got some plumbing done so feed and return are both ready for the engine to go in. Ordered up the wilwood bracket for the proportioning valve, didnt know they had one lol, once that's in and mounted will plumb the brake lines. Got the roll bar padding trimmed across the back just incase someone leans forward and doesn't hurt their head to bad lol

20190421_132313.jpg

20190421_132247.jpg

20190421_132233.jpg

20190421_134709.jpg

Got the harness ran into the engine compartment and sealed the firewall grommet, also mounted the proportioning valve, was going to run the brakes lines and thought I had a cutter but I dont lol so I'll buy one this week from harbor freight and get on the brake lines next weekend.

20190428_150832.jpg

20190428_150848.jpg

Time to fill the converter and install it. Will change front and rear seals before I install due to sitting for a while.

20190430_164042.jpg

Bending your own brake lines is hard when they are little pieces at least for me but this is my first time doing this, got a little done, got the rear line off the master made and flared, also used some an fittings that came with the line kit to pass through the control arm section. Only got those done since its mothers day and need to make dinner for my wife.

20190512_155721.jpg

20190512_160458.jpg

Yeah I have that one. Just getting the hang of doing it, thanks for posting. Also have a little hand one and the flex spring type also just hopefully as I make more lines they get better and if I have some left over I'll remake the bottom picture one.

Yeah I have that one. Just getting the hang of doing it, thanks for posting. Also have a little hand one and the flex spring type also just hopefully as I make more lines they get better and if I have some left over I'll remake the bottom picture one.
It’s not easy. I also bought the Rigid flaring tool. Best flaring tool ever. I’m using stainless line from Speedway Motors.

That rigid is a nice set up, I just went with the harbor freight one with the cutter. It is hard, first attempt and maybe last time doing my own lines lol, only get better by keep trying right lol. The steel kit from Chris Alston is a nice one, get 4 flex lines, a lot of fittings for calipers and T's. Says it's for all four corner plumbing. Here's the kits not bad for about $300

6326.jpg

The copper/nickel alloy line is easier to bend and, as I understand it, has been popular in Europe for a while.
Summit part number SUM-220216-25 is an example.

The copper/nickel alloy line is easier to bend and, as I understand it, has been popular in Europe for a while.
Summit part number SUM-220216-25 is an example.
yes it's pretty much the type we use in the uk all the time. copper is even easier to bend but needs more clips along it's length as it can 'work harden' and crack if there's any flex.
neil.

-
Back