67 twin turbo dart

-
Thank you for that info, I was going to take it in and have the other holes drilled out. Did you use all 8 hole mounts? Bummer you didn't get a shirt, it's pretty cool, bummer there is a Chevy on it lol

Well got one headlight bucket modified for the led projector headlight and mounted, I know the surround grill isn't bolts on was just checking. Plus I figure with the extra heat from the turbos going to drill and tap the rear head coolant passage in the intake and flow it up to the upper hose passage, just need to drill new holes there too.

20180813_125737.jpg

Well nerve racking as it is, got the manifold drilled and tapped to flow the rear head coolant passages through, will order up the fittings and hose and get that all done and ready.

20180816_131531.jpg

20180816_140212.jpg

Fitting and hose should be here tomorrow and will finish the intake, got the vacuum hose to the ecu into the engine compartment had a bulk head and ends from something, also mounted the boost controller and will get that wired once I get the harness past through the firewall. Got the test fit lifters yesterday, will work perfect, those will be built after they get the test one back, went base circle and had room where the t bar won't hit while in motion, all thanks to Shane @dart19666 awesome guy for doing that for me. I just do what i can with my shoulder after the surgery back in June, still working on the range of motion and haven't gotten to to much weight, so figuring out a lot of this left handed is fun lol

20180819_120632.jpg

20180819_120654.jpg

Well after my dentist appointment, I decided to take a trip up and pick up my block from the machine shop, roller bearings came in yesterday and they installed them so I can come get it today. Its been a while but had a few small issues with it but was covered in past posts. Also got my race tech custom pistons, compstar h beam rods and bloomers forged crank. Big thanks to Mike at QMP for the machine work , their shop is amazing, and Rod Bloomer for hooking up the rotating assembly, should be getting the cam here soon, Shane rocked it on that one.
View attachment 1715150370

View attachment 1715150371

View attachment 1715150372

View attachment 1715150373
Nice what rod length did you go with just received my 59 XR1 block is there a roller Hydraulic lifter around for this block there is not enough room to get a link bar & rivet under the lifter without hitting water

I went with a 6.125 rod. Well you can machine the top bolts holes off if your not using the W heads, just go flat with them and any lifter will slide in. I know a few people use the BAMM lifters and for great if your going with a Mopar standard .903 lifter but the link bar for small mopars have a arch in the middle designed for the R block/Ritter block might just need to specify which block. You can check with Shane who I listed above, he works for Crower, or Brian at IMM.

Thanks was going to use 6.25 after talking to Kent might keep the length down so the pin is out of the oil ring slot.
Spoke to Kent today he has shipped around 25 blocks in the last month.
There is not enough meat under the lifter will have to run with the tie bar on the inside i will contact crower to see if they can offset the pushrod with the socket to the inside of the lifter not sure if this is possible

As soon as I get my Lifters I'll post up a pic of them installed they are a solid lifter but should be the same. Yeah the numbers are growing there's a few on here that are building them. We will see how they handle it all, should be just fine with these new castings. Feel free to reach out I'm here to help all I can with questions.

Well lifters are done and ready, just waiting for the funds to transfer over on my part then they will process everything and get them to me. Got the valley cover insulation installed and also put it on the underside of the runners and plenum.

20180824_102737.jpg

Wow you are right around the corner lol, if you ever need help let me know.

I'll need help bleeding brakes, if I can get the fittings. My neighbor is building a pro street camaro. He took me for a ride today. Now I'm thinking turbo small block! Lol

Yeah for sure, I'm always home since I'm off on disability for my shoulder. Nice there's a guy over here with a nice sounding camero. Do it then we will show them what Mopars can do lol

Yeah for sure, I'm always home since I'm off on disability for my shoulder. Nice there's a guy over here with a nice sounding camero. Do it then we will show them what Mopars can do lol

That's a bummer. That guy is helping my neighbor. If you think his sounds good, you should hear my neighbors. I don't think I have enough $$ to build an engine to beat them. Lol

Be cool the hear theirs. How much power does your neighbor says theirs is putting out? Maybe my car will be able to beat them, we will have to wait and see, friendly grudge match at Fontana maybe

Be cool the hear theirs. How much power does your neighbor says theirs is putting out? Maybe my car will be able to beat them, we will have to wait and see, friendly grudge match at Fontana maybe

The guy by you claims about 700, it's a well built small block. My neighbor claims his big block will be 1200 once the blower is on. I don't think it will be more then 850-900, personally. He's actually worried he built it up too much. It scared him! Lol

That will be a good race with the big block guy. Well it's good to over build it to scare you that way you respect it more, I know I'll be taking a while before I race this car till I get the feel for it.

That will be a good race with the big block guy. Well it's good to over build it to scare you that way you respect it more, I know I'll be taking a while before I race this car till I get the feel for it.

I'd like to see that!

Well got my Lifters in today all custom made thank you to Shane aka 19666dart. Thought they would clear but they don't so unfortunately I have to take it all apart as per the machine shop, they will mill off the upper holes(used for W heads) and make sure they lifter slide right in, little set back but not that big of a deal will mark everything and start tearing it down tomorrow, was thinking this might happen. Got in the brake line kit with fittings from Chris Alston, so once the motor is in and the down pipe are in i will start bending and cutting the brake mines.

20180828_211139.jpg

20180828_211211.jpg

oh man that has got to hurt the mind on them lifters. hope you get a quick turn around on the mahine work.

Yeah it does but got to have it done, I'm not about to attempt cutting those off when the shop has a cnc machine to do it. They are pretty quick have already been in contact with them so they know what I'll need just a bit of a drive up to Chatsworth but again worth the drive.

Well bought some new turbos to make sure I got my hp marks, they are 76/64 with a .96 exhaust housing. Haven't heard from the machine shop lately, but got an email on Friday they machined the extra head bolt holes machined off and the lifters are hitting the bores above the lifter bushings, so that part will be by hand and to just make sure I'm having them pressure test the cooling system to make sure areas aren't thin.

76j.jpg

-
Back