67 twin turbo dart

-
Getting closer and closer... :)

Now its just the small things to finish it up, hopefully get some wrapping done this weekend and the brake line, just glad the exhaust fab work is all done. Took a 12" cutting wheel down to about 5" with all the cutting, couldn't even cut all the way through the oval 3.5" pipe at the end lol

Started wrapping today, first header turned out crappy, think I'll order another 25' and redo that one, now that I figured the trick to wrap the collectors.

20200705_153704.jpg

Got the down pipes all wrapper today and the elbows for the turbo and waste gate mount, as well as rewrapped the one header, turned out better this time. Put on the upper and lower rad hoses, painted the cold side pipes and Y with a ceramic paint see how well it helps keep the charge cold. Started working on the feed for the intercoolers, return line is done. Need some more fittings for the ice box, going to plumb the bleed off port from get heat exchange to the ice box. Forgot to pick up some orange high temp silicone for the turbo compressor side to put a thin coat to seal it, and will need more SS ties.

20200712_173624.jpg

20200712_173630.jpg

20200712_173641.jpg

Here's the turbo & waste gate mounts wrap, such odd angles to wrap, best way I could come up with, those little open areas shouldn't cause to much heat out.

20200712_204628.jpg

Got the wrapped headers and down pipes in, some reason need to extent the mid pipe on the pass side, will at least get the pipe cut tomorrow to be ready to weld, but next weekend will be driving down to Cali to get my 72 sat. Got the vacuum lines routed for the waste gates, and got the drivers mid pipe hanger welded will just need to wrap that and that's sides all done.

20200719_155930.jpg

20200719_163606.jpg

20200719_173308.jpg

Got the pass mid pipe done to today and the hanger, ordered some more wrap to get them both done. Installed the O2 sensors and connected, got the starter cable hooked up, and mounted the transmission dipstick. Got the one side coolant cross over from the back of the head to the front of the manifold heat wrapped, just need to do the other, just to help protect the injectors.

20200802_174232.jpg

20200802_174240.jpg

20200802_174248.jpg

Finally done with the exhaust after a few set back with getting the wrong wrap sent but siliconeintakes is a awesome company swapped it out no problem. Painted the 4" pipe section with engine paint just to protect the welded areas. Wired in the primary fuel pump, with a switch on the ground side so I can have key on and be able to turn the pump off from running. Need some 12ga wire to wire up the second pump. Covered the other coolant passage line on the pass. side. Getting more and more closer. Ordered the coolant overflow tank, just need to see where I can put that to figure where my breather/ oil separator will go.

20200809_213453.jpg

20200809_213457.jpg

Got a little work done yesterday, got the other fuel pump wired, had to reroute the front harness for the lights and fans and IC pump to give more room to get the air cleaner off the driverside turbo, had to extent just one connection, in the process of wiring up the running and turn signals in the LED headlights. Ordered the break in oil yesterday Lucas 20w50, waiting for some fitting to come in to finish the IC plumbing.

You don’t need brakes for the first engine start. Hint, hint...nudge, nudge. Lol

True but if I want to make sure the transmission gets all the fluid where it need to be, kinda needs it (fresh transmission, never been ran, unless the company that built it did a dyno run with it not sure). I'm going to phase in the cam sensor this weekend so that will all be set, just talked to Matt at megasquirt on how they suggest doing it.

Well got the cam position sensor all phased in according to how Matt@ megasquirt said to. Got the IC plumbing pretty much done just need to run to homedepo for a 3/4" straight butt connector and some hose clamps. Finished the headlight running and turn indicators wiring. And added some heat deflect under each coil to protect from the engine heat a little bit.

20200823_110955.jpg

20200823_152945.jpg

20200823_152956.jpg

Well finished the butt connector for the IC plumbing, poured water into the IC system and had three leaks, so lucky they arebt bad ones just the two fittings at the bottom of the IC, back off tight a little bit for a better angle for the hose, but adjusted and well fill it again after the liquid tape cures, the other leak was at the drain **** for the heat exchanger, tried a new o ring but didn't work, so just through a regular pipe fitting with sealant on it too. Brake fluid is ordered and shipped so will bleed the brakes and fill up everything, ready to fire soon. Had to reorder the coolant overflow tank, one seller on eBay was jerking around ordered it back on the 11th and still hasn't come so I cancelled and ordered another one from a different seller.

Well went to bleed the brakes today and found a few leaks, some went away with a little tighting but others not so much, had to remake one line, just fixed that all and filled the master will let it sit over night and see. Was able to meet Robert aka slowfab, awesome guy, nice to meet someone from around here. Turns out my dad knows his dad, small world.

Well still have the leak at the proportioning valve at the front and rear fitting only, they are inverted flared fittings(Earls) as per Wildwood's instructions, they are all in tight as they will go. I did they even though I know you shouldn't need to but put some thread sealant paste, and letting it sit. I emailed Wilwood to see what they recommend, anyone run into this? While that was setting my flush mount rear speaker mounts won't work on my dart, package tray is to small( bummer) so I pulled the package tray cover out and cut the holes for the speakers, next will be a 10" long square out of the factory package tray and I can mount it all back in.

20200906_183523.jpg

20200906_130847.jpg

Rear speakers in and mounted and prewired for when I get to buying the amp and the door speaker pods. Just letting the brake line fitting cure more will test again and hope its all sealed now and can finish bleeding the brakes.

20200909_182324.jpg

Finally no more leaks on the brake system, my loving wife helped me bleed the system after I fixed the one line. Filled the IC system to check for leaks no more there either. Filled the rear diff with 70w140 full syn. Drilled the opening for the pass through power to route the alt charging wire back to the remote solenoid, then it can travel back to the batt in the rear. Ordered the v belt to put that on, and also ordered the 1awg wire for the alt. Just need to get a funnel to fill the transmission and the engine. Closer and closer we get.

20200913_163109.jpg

20200913_163125.jpg

Well today had some good and bad. Got the alternator charge cable done and connected. Put 8qts for now in the transmission and 5qts in engine just to sit and look for any leaks. None so far till I guess its closer to fire up. But was filling the coolant system and noticed some leaks happening, from just the drivers side gasket, they are superformance gaskets double thick since I have a 9.6" deck, but ARP bolts down good and tight, checked got maybe a not even a 1/4 turn on it. I did install them dry as they recommend, but looks like I may need to pull the intake off and get new gaskets.

20200920_155724.jpg

20200920_155749.jpg

20200920_155504.jpg

-
Back