67 twin turbo dart

-
Spoke with the machine shop today, valve covers will be done Monday, I'll get them Wednesday since I need to go out of town for work for two days. But I'll get the pump and bracket mounted and breather tank mounted this weekend, all ready for the last few things then, order the extra fittings and hose and measure for the correct belt needed.

Got the bracket/plate lined up and the pump on loose, once I get the other stuff can assemble and can measure for the belt. Ordered some fittings today, still need some hose and a Y to order. Wish I got a picture but I dropped the exhaust on my sons car so it was open headered and had him come help with with a "odd noise" his eyes were big when it started like this, he thought it was very cool, will get that all dropped out and finished welding it all together on his car, and hopefully after this vacuum pump it all goes good and no leaks, will pull his motor out to check that over and rebuild his engine and reseal the trans from it.

20221120_105102.jpg

20221120_105114.jpg

Valve covers are done and my wife was so kind to go pick them up today since I just got back into town. This weekend they go back on.

20221122_202952.jpg

Well got the mandrel mounted, had to remove the washer from my crank bolt for it to clear, got the spacing done, had enough line from when I bought everyhing to plumb the breather tank, and passenger side with the extra fittings I ordered, driverside done as well. Ordered the 25" v belt, will be here this next week, not like I can drive the car since it snowed today.

20221204_142533.jpg

20221204_142538.jpg

20221204_161336.jpg

Are you still getting oil leaks from the main seal(s)? Is it possible the rings didn’t seat on those two cylinders that weren’t firing?

Are you still getting oil leaks from the main seal(s)? Is it possible the rings didn’t seat on those two cylinders that weren’t firing?
Couldnt tell after the last drive if it was from the rear main, or from the over spray in the bell housing, just playing it cautious and installed the pump to make sure if doesn't happen. That's what I'm thinking is the 4 cylinders that weren't firing properly during initial fire up and drive and dyno didn't seat so, now there's no reason for them not to seat properly.

Maybe a nice dyno flogging will give them another chance to seat…

Maybe a nice dyno flogging will give them another chance to seat…
Yeah, as soon as I can afford to go back, had some expensive house repairs come up and set that back a bit. But will get it running again and drive it around more hopefully with the vacuum will seat those cylinders better.

Started the car today, had the hoses to the valve covers off just to make sure I didn't swap the lines. But had suction from both lines. Hooked them back up, couldn't go out for a drive it was 15* out and still a little slippery with the ice still out. Hopefully this next weekend will be a tad warmer to take it for a drive.

Started the car today, had the hoses to the valve covers off just to make sure I didn't swap the lines. But had suction from both lines. Hooked them back up, couldn't go out for a drive it was 15* out and still a little slippery with the ice still out. Hopefully this next weekend will be a tad warmer to take it for a drive.

From the weather report (you know how reliable those are lol) it looks like this whole region is going to get colder this week and then next week warm up to a balmy just above 30 degrees.

I can’t wait for spring.

Supposed to get up close to 80 here this week. I might take my boat out.

From the weather report (you know how reliable those are lol) it looks like this whole region is going to get colder this week and then next week warm up to a balmy just above 30 degrees.

I can’t wait for spring.
Yeah but 30* is a tad more warmer to go cruise lol funny how that makes sense but it does when your use to the cold lol

Well weather was good today finally and no f-ing wind, took the car out to the gas station and around the block just cruised, pulled back in the garage and no more leaks. Now to purchase the auto tune from diy and get this thing better tuned in. At least this time my water pump belt stayed on and didnt shread off like last time.

Last edited:
The auto tune feature is fantastic. Let us know how it goes!

Will do and good to know, can't wait to use it , found some small issues, my oil psi and temp both quite working lol temp the sensor inside broke somehow, can turn the connector and it and inside turns about a 1/4" both ways, psi sensor the connector that comes with the gauge kit was loose, so swapped that out, checked all grounds and actually moved those two grounds from battery to chassis.

The motor that was in the car and I took out when I sold it to you had the same problem. The rings didn’t seal correctly on the Dyno. I tried a lot of things like you did and none of it worked. I didn’t have to change any of my gaskets though put a GZ vacuum pump on it. Problem fixed.

Same motor that is now single blow through CSU e85 custom built Carb. Four bowls and four Needle & seats. The vacuum pump is under the driver side blow off valve.

39E06995-BE28-4BB2-910F-FBF1B3CC78F5.jpeg

The motor that was in the car and I took out when I sold it to you had the same problem. The rings didn’t seal correctly on the Dyno. I tried a lot of things like you did and none of it worked. I didn’t have to change any of my gaskets though put a GZ vacuum pump on it. Problem fixed.

Same motor that is now single blow through CSU e85 custom built Carb. Four bowls and four Needle & seats. The vacuum pump is under the driver side blow off valve.

View attachment 1716048506
That's one sick motor. Yeah all the gaskets like yours were good too, just changed the rear main just in case since it was coming more from there. Even had it diamond honed at QMP. Just one of those things that happen. Can't wait to hear what your motor runs.

Last edited:
I know I might get some flack about this, but driving around tuning I noticed the hood insulation started to melt off in the two corners of the hood circled in red, due to a lot of trapped heat, thinking of adding some vents there, two types one metal and can weld them in, shown are the ones that came on my sons car, will get some smaller ones or can do vents that fit inside the rear triangle openings and just go with abs plastic like the hood scoop. Thoughts?? Auto tuning is coming along had my oldest helping me last Sunday till the left font and left rear brakes lines seeped a little and had a soft brake pedal, but now tuning to 87 on street and got up to 4 grand so I'll keep getting higher just need to find longer back roads for safe pulls.

20230505_165143.jpg

20220410_094229.jpg

Screenshot_20230505-165254_Amazon Shopping.jpg

I don’t think you’ll get flack. Hell who cares, it’s your car and they’re functional. I’ve always like the vents Aaron Kaufman did on the hood of his falcon.
F5971C60-DA96-4D32-AAB3-92640A677D47.png

-
Back