67 Valiant Signet (2 door) Windshield glass fitment?

-

Markbo

Reaction score
Hey FABO Valiant experts!
1967 Valiant Signet 2 door post
1. Can you help with model (and years) using the same front glass?
2. Vendor for seals and items needed for front/rear glass install.

Thanks!

Last edited:
Be careful with this one... the typical parts available for a hard top don't fit the 2 door sedan. JustMOPAR has the seals for a hard top, but not the sedan.
The 1967 Valiant used a one year only windshield and rear window gasket, with a channel in it to accept a plated plastic "locking strip". There were no stainless windshield or rear glass trim moldings on the '67's. The windshield glass is the same for several years (67 and up) but only for 2 or 4 door sedans.
You can use a 1968 windshield and rear glass gaskets, but then you'll need the '68 stainless trim if you want to hide the mass of rubber.
There was a rumor that Layson's had some '67 bits... you might give them a call. Also, be careful with the '67 rear glass if you are re-using it, that piece of glass is ridiculously hard to find. (Again, a hard top glass will not fit)

Garry

Last edited:
Be careful with this one... the typical parts available for a hard top don't fit the 2 door sedan. JustMOPAR has the seals for a hard top, but not the sedan.
The 1967 Valiant used a one year only windshield and rear window gasket, with a channel in it to accept a plated plastic "locking strip". There were no stainless windshield or rear glass trim moldings on the '67's. The windshield glass is the same for several years (67 and up) but only for 2 or 4 door sedans.
You can use a 1968 windshield and rear glass gaskets, but then you'll need the '68 stainless trim if you want to hide the mass of rubber.
There was a rumor that Layson's had some '67 bits... you might give them a call. Also, be careful with the '67 rear glass if you are re-using it, that piece of glass is ridiculously hard to find. (Again, a hard top glass will not fit)

Garry
Hi, I have this problem with my 67 valiant. Do you know of anyone with 68 rear window trim? Can I use the 68thru76 clips if I go with 68 trim and seal? Thanks!

Garry

Really? I wasn't aware of that. The early cars take the same windshield regardless of body style except the convertible. I wasn't aware the later cars were different like that.

67 Valiant front glass is the same as all a-body SEDAN, Dodge or Plymouth.

67 Valiant rear glass is unique to the 67 Valiant but can use the 68/89 Valiant rear glass. Dart rear glass will not work.

Alan

-
Back