[WANTED] 68 340 4 speed bell housing 308 large bearing retainer

-
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a mint 340 Bellhousing + Are they not all big Bearing
on the early ones? (None OD)
I will measure Monday at shop.
$350.

I have 10.5" small block bellhousing cast #2843887 (cast iron) to fit 1968 A-body 340 4-speed applications, 4.354" bearing retainer opening. Not 4.8". Hope this helps.

The only was to do this would be to take an OD bell housing and put an adapter in it or boring out the hole in a stock A-body bell housing although I hate the idea of taking bell housing and boring out the hole due to the accuracy of the machining.

Last edited:
That retainer is going the wrong way. It allows you to use the small bearing transmission with the larger bell housing. Barracudakid needs it to go the other way around.
Sorry, misunderstood. Thanks. Just saw the 4.807 so I sent the link.

Just wondering???? the only bell I see with that 4.80 is a big block. I guarantee if you ask Brewer, Wayne or his son can tell ya.
I was one the phone with Brewers. They were out. But if anyone knows, your right, they do.

1ABCB895-4B9F-4BD5-9ADA-158F557A9742.jpeg
Could it be a big block transmission?

It just came to me. It must be a 68 or 69 A-body big block 4-speed transmission. I’ll have to check the bell housing applications in the morning.

It just came to me. It must be a 68 or 69 A-body big block 4-speed transmission. I’ll have to check the bell housing applications in the morning.
Scrap that idea. The big block A-body cars all used the smaller bearing retainer. This leads me to believe that this was a transmission that was custom made for a big block A-body where they used a 68 & up big block non A-body bell housing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back