68 340 4-speed distributor

-
The only non-vacuum ones I'm aware of are some industrial/ marine, and maybe some "race" pieces. Certainly EVERYTHING that was sold through a dealer as a licensed passenger car had vacuum

Remember---68 was the first year of FEDERAL (not just CA) engine emission controls. GM "did" this with a smog pump. Chrysler "met" the regulations with leaned carbs and modified advance curves, etc etc
And lean burn dissys. Possible someone put an 80s dissy on there?

If there is a tag number I can look it up I have the books.

he doesn’t know what he is talking about. I’m pretty sure all Mopar cars from early 60’s to mid 70’s had vacuum advance

On a positive note.... you now know to 2nd guess and/or doubt any advice from this person in future :thumbsup:

View attachment 1715658560

View attachment 1715658561
th?id=OIP.jpg

Prob a early direct connection they had mechanical only, look just like stock DP.

I think the only 60’s and newer carburetored production Mopars without vacuum advance would be boats, and/or industrial motors. ???

I even think there was a lean burn motor with two vacuum advance modules.
Exactly what I said earlier. Maybe MP race pieces. But not production

Once upon a time, when there were REAL parts stores with REAL catalogs printed by REAL parts manufactuers, you could look up a distributor (and lots of other components) and find out what it fit as well as the replacement parts numbers. NAPA/ Echlin, Standard Blue Streak, Delco Remy, Autolite, Prestolite, and a few others, Wells, and of course the lovely "Piddle and Diddle Bendix"

If anybody ever tries to sell you these, RUN!!

PD_Bendix.jpeg

LOL I have most of them. I have to have them. Ever need something looked up shoot me a message.

Heres a link to an old 68 340 dp with vac advance I had for sale years back. I cant say whether it came from a 4spd or auto.

[SOLD] - 68 340 dual point dizzy for trade
Maybe @3rdLM23P9 still has it and can help?
Heres a link to an old 68 340 dp with vac advance I had for sale years back. I cant say whether it came from a 4spd or auto.

[SOLD] - 68 340 dual point dizzy for trade
Maybe @3rdLM23P9 still has it and can help?

Picture of the 68 340 Dual Point i got from Steve.

Distributor.jpg

-
Back