68 340 with factory air lower crank pulley #

-

68 CUDA FORMULA S

Reaction score
I am going to the WPC swap meet this Sunday and will be looking for a lower crank pulley for this 68 340 with factory air. I kind of know what it looks like but if anyone has a real good picture of it or if anyone has the correct part number for it that would be a great help.
Thanks
Bob

I am going to the WPC swap meet this Sunday and will be looking for a lower crank pulley for this 68 340 with factory air. I kind of know what it looks like but if anyone has a real good picture of it or if anyone has the correct part number for it that would be a great help.
Thanks
Bob
Are you looking for a single non power steering or double with power steering?

Jake

The pulley that I am looking for has three grooves. I am being told that the 68 340 with factory air lower pulley is a one of a kind pulley. One of the members sent me a picture of the pulley that I need but because of the computer wiz that I am I can no longer find it. It has three grooves and the front groove almost looks like it was added on and it is bigger than the two back ones. If this does not make any sense it's the only way I can explain it. This is why I am trying to get another picture of it or even a part number for it.
Bob

Is this it?

4C7E3E4B-9E9D-462F-BC3C-B74D0B40D0CF.jpeg

ACE88CF7-4490-4762-B954-0EED48F528FA.jpeg

I Need Info On 1968 340 pulleys
The above is a thread with lots of good info

I think this is off of a 66-67 273. Doesn’t seem to have a part # I can see. I couldn’t use it on my 360 because of the balance difference. I think it would work on a 340. AC parts are really hard to find.

9E7C1BA3-385F-4711-B118-E7B05AF6BAE0.jpeg

538DE214-4B14-48CB-A6E0-3BF8BA66A96B.jpeg

That does look like the one I am being told that I need, but like you said no one has a part number. I started that thread that you have listed above and if you go back in it, it states that none of the pulleys in this thread are for factory A/C cars and that pulley you have there is not in that thread. Mike is that pulley for sale?
Bob

Yep, how about $40 + shipping. It will fit in a med flat rate box. Think that is about $16.

The pictures at the end of your thread I mentioned are about the best I have seen so far. I have really struggled to sort out my engine front end. Mine had an engine swap & it is really a Frankenstein.

I am going through the same thing. My 68 had no drive train in it at all, and it is going to receive a 1971 340 but I have installed the 1968 timing cover, water pump, and balancer. I have picked up most of the A/C parts and the power steering unit was in a box of parts that came with the car. there are no brackets for the alternator either. So I still have a long way to go. That is what winter is for up here in Michigan, I am trying to gather as many parts as I can so when the snow melts I can have at it.

I have one at home, I can take a picture of it late tonight and can look for a number on it. This is an original 340 with power steering and AC. It weighs like 10 lbs! Also it looks nothing like the pictures in this thread.

That would be great, because this car had no drive train what so ever so I do not know what I am looking for and if you still have any of the other pulleys from that motor pictures and or part numbers would be great also. Part numbers are good, I would appreciate it.
Bob

I'm pretty sure 67-69 273,318, and 340 used all of the same components. So your availability of needed parts is widened.

I am going through the same thing. My 68 had no drive train in it at all, and it is going to receive a 1971 340 but I have installed the 1968 timing cover, water pump, and balancer. I have picked up most of the A/C parts and the power steering unit was in a box of parts that came with the car. there are no brackets for the alternator either. So I still have a long way to go. That is what winter is for up here in Michigan, I am trying to gather as many parts as I can so when the snow melts I can have at it.

I will take pictures as I get mine figured out. I bought a bunch of stuff to try and get mine better. I may have more leftovers to sell. Probably start on mine next month.

I received some pictures from Jim (RealWing) who has an un-molested 1969 barracuda 340 S with A/C and Power steering. These pictures answer some of the questions about this puzzle for the correct pulley and the way everything goes together. Take a look.
Thanks
Jim

pulley 1.JPG

pulley 2.JPG

pulley 3.JPG

pulley 4.JPG

pulley 5.JPG

pulley 6.JPG

Great pics! Those will really help. I will post some more if have too.

any chance that the 340 had smaller pulleys to keep from overreving the ac, alt, wp ???

I received some pictures from Jim (RealWing) who has an un-molested 1969 barracuda 340 S with A/C and Power steering. These pictures answer some of the questions about this puzzle for the correct pulley and the way everything goes together. Take a look.
Thanks
Jim

You are welcome. Hope you can find all the parts!!!
Jim

This is my original 68 340 AC with power steering crank pulley. No numbers I could see.

A87657FD-9A00-4FEF-91EA-3632C8AF8614.jpeg

6BF6F328-A4D8-472E-9388-5B970F3A9BD8.jpeg

07C3A25B-2C91-4F19-9780-70D595399334.jpeg

9C387AF0-B4D9-4415-B5B9-54A9C247392A.jpeg

I believe that the water pump pulley is larger because the pump is a 8 vane pump on AC cars. IIRC.

Yes that is the lower crank pulley that I am looking for. If you look closer to the top of this thread Jim (RealWing) sent me pictures of his original 340 with air and power steering lower crank pulley and it looks just like your's. The part number is 2536752 but the problem is that the part number is not on the pulley (good job engineers)
Thanks for the pictures.
Bob

-
Back