68-71 or 72 and up bellhousing ball stud?

-

T-Man700

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
This may be a stupid question but..... I'm putting a 4-speed a833 in a 72 demon. I need to buy a Z-bar service kit but not sure which to buy. The engine, trany and bellhousing are dated 71 which could be correct for a 71 or early 72. Should I buy a 71 or 72 kit that has a different bellhousing ball stud or does it matter?

ball stud 71.jpg

ball stud 72.jpg

Check the net for Brewer's Performance, good description and pics, I bet you would use the part for your bell and an A body of your year. What if the cast # on the bell? Wayne or any of them could advise you if the catalogue is no help. Also a good source for all the small or big parts needed.

Check the net for Brewer's Performance, good description and pics, I bet you would use the part for your bell and an A body of your year. What if the cast # on the bell? Wayne or any of them could advise you if the catalogue is no help. Also a good source for all the small or big parts needed.

Thanks, barbee6043. My casting # is 3515734. I went to the Brewers web site and found it to be 72-74.

-
Back