68-72 SBP 10" Drum Emergency Brake Compoments

-

Rocket

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know if the 68-72 8 3/4 10" drum brake emergency brake levers that are attached to the brake pads and emergency brake cables are interchangeable with those from a 7 1/4 drum brake rear?

QUOTE="Rocket, post: 1971232179, member: 956"]Does anyone know if the 68-72 8 3/4 10" drum brake emergency brake levers that are attached to the brake pads and emergency brake cables are interchangeable with those from a 7 1/4 drum brake rear?[/QUOTE]
Hey Rocket, I know this is 2 years old, but did you ever get an answer or figure this out? I have an 8.75" rear, 10" drums, with no actuators/levers and was wondering if the 7.25" levers were an option. Thanks.

Last edited:
The cables probably are. I used the cables that came with my /6 - 9" drums with the 10" on a 8.75 rear.

Levers and hardware - probably not. Best check the factory parts book to see if the numbers are the same betrween the different diameter shoes.
Also keep in mind the shoes, adjusters, and automatic adjuster hardware changed for model 1969. Emergency brake lever AFAIK did not change. I converted to '69 style adjusters and kept the same emergency brake hardware.

-
Back