'68 Barracuda 225 carb linkage

-

Dave NEO

Reaction score
anyone got any pics - scratching my head at what is on my 383 4 bbl 4spd car which I know started life as a slant 6, 2bbl, 3 spd - maybe that would shed some light.. any help appreciated
upload_2019-1-7_19-8-6.png

Throttle cable bracket that mounts to rear two intake manifold flange bolts and lines cable up to long stud that throttle return spring and cotter key is mounted to.
upload_2019-1-7_20-13-1.jpeg

My Facotory 69 “Auto” bracket only mounts on the rear manifold bolt, it has a shoulder that rests on the intake on the forward carb side in the location shown by the red circle.

DBE4BD98-E898-4404-BA2C-95D807CCBFA8.jpeg

Get the correct 68/69 BB throttle cable bracket and install the Holley Mopar bracket on that Summint branded carb and re-use the Factory Throttle arm/stud as you have that the return spring is connected to and you will be Golden!

cool - sounds like a plan - just feel it needs to be better done. thanks much. I'll need to be sure just what those pieces look like though. Do you think this is useful?

cool - sounds like a plan - just feel it needs to be better done. thanks much. I'll need to be sure just what those pieces look like though. Do you think this is useful?

They show about 3 or 4 different solutions! No wonder you are confused. Pick one!

I would do the bolt on bracket and all the stock Mopar parts, BB throttle cable bracket and cable, but that’s me. With a 4 speed any shown will work for you.

Use the Holley throttle lever extension, and Mancini Racing has this set up to bolt to the last two intake manifold to head flange bolts...
s-l1600.jpg
With some rudimentary fabrication skills and maybe a welder, you could go to the local hardware of your choice and get some 3/4 inch wide by 14 gauge flat bar and use the \6 bracket to make something similar for considerably less. Obviously, given that its a 4 speed car you could eliminate the rear part of the bracket with the pivot pin and cotter key for the kick down,
mancini-racing-throttle-bracket-kit-329.png
as in this example, the 383/400 no kick down unit. I hope this helps clarify things a little.

I have same bracket as on this motor (arrow). I'd like to stick with that and get 1). whatever linkage parts I need at the carb connection and 2.) get the throttle return
spring bracket he is using (folds over front of manifold/looks like it would fit same on my intake manifold). I will try to figure out pieces I need at carb. If you have pics it
would help - want to do what they have in the video. thanks for your patience guys - this is new area for me to be messing with.

(3)_LI - Copy.jpg

000_0244.JPG

on second look maybe not.. OH WELL I'LL BE BACK IF MY HEADACHE GOES AWAY - lol - we'll figure it out- winters are long around here.,,

The reason I say the bolt on Holley carb bracket and standard affair from there is it keeps the cable in a nice straight line up to the carb. If you had a high rise intake then all aftermarket might be better.

Here is a pic of a stock 68 383 that uses the same cable mount bracket I have on my 69. Nice and clear. It is an auto as well but remove the kick down linkage, Red return spring and the bell crank and you see the 4speed setup.

193873B7-945B-47CF-BE9E-6ECE4AB8A650.jpeg

Last edited:
Good luck,

I am out. You have everything in front of you and cannot accept!

-
Back