'68 barracuda conv.

-

Dave NEO

Reaction score
with 383 4bbl., A833 4 spd, 489 diff w 3.23, mild cam, stock headers. what kind of basic performance should I expect out of this? I know, lots of 'variables' but I mean generally speaking. thnx appreciate any comments.

Bought my '68 cuda, 383, 4-sp, new in '68. I ordered it with 3.55 gears and E70X14 tires. Drove that car for years, street racing. It was as fast or faster than any other car on the road. Hope you have sure-grip because you will really need it. Once when entering the freeway and punching it, I ended up going sideways down the freeway. Only saying that she is pretty powerful and at times hard to hookup. Be careful, have fun.

Ok thnks. Yes, has the sure-grip. Recall what wgt. gear oil you used? Got to change it out and was leaning toward a 80-90..

Assume you mean the 4-sp. I ditched the factory 90w early for the factory high performance oil. A big improvement in shifting. This stuff was not petroleum based but made from sperm whales. It looked like ATF but was the consistency of water. I only bring this up because that was the old days. There are new better oils out there that you can choose from as seen on this site.

-
Back