68 Barracuda Dash Pad

-

SGlez10

68 Barracuda
Reaction score
Sup FABO. A few questions I’m hoping someone can help with.

I recently ordered a metal core PG Classics Dash Pad for my 68 Barracuda and it did not have any built in hardware to bolt on into the holes in the image I provided circled in red.

1. Do any of the repop 1968 Barracuda Dash Pads come with built in hardware that line up with the screw holes at the bottom ends where the top pad meets the bottom pad?

2. If the answer to #1 is no then what have you guys done to solve this issue?

3. Besides bolting them down are you supposed to glue it down as well?

Any extra info or advice is also welcome. TIA

7A054DF6-F441-4398-91AD-F529F20147F7.jpeg

Screw goes into a hole in the metal frame. I might be able to get a pic later of my good '68 pad. I think it has the screws installed.

Screw goes into a hole in the metal frame. I might be able to get a pic later of my good '68 pad. I think it has the screws installed.
Ok thanks. I just got word back from PG classics that the pads don’t come with any hardware to mount on the end part that meets bottom pads. Really hoping someone who bought a 68 repop for PG has some input on what they did to resolve this. Hard to believe they’d be charging this much for a piece that’s going to require you to add stuff to it and customize it even further. Blows my mind

It's been too long ago. I don't remember how that attaches together. My pad came from BE&A but it should be the same as yours. If there was a screw that goes in from the back side, all you have to do is drill a hole in the metal frame of the new pad and run a screw into it. That's probably what I did. I probably used the original screw that I took out of the original pad.

I'll have a look at my original pad tonight and see what it looks like on the ends.
https://postimages.org/]
DSCN2222-zpsb80056f7.jpg
[/url]

It's been too long ago. I don't remember how that attaches together. My pad came from BE&A but it should be the same as yours. If there was a screw that goes in from the back side, all you have to do is drill a hole in the metal frame of the new pad and run a screw into it. That's probably what I did. I probably used the original screw that I took out of the original pad.

I'll have a look at my original pad tonight and see what it looks like on the ends.
Postimages — free image hosting / image upload]

View attachment 1715993659[/url]
Ok thanks for the information and yours looks great. Yea and apparently I’m the first person to bring up the fact that it doesn’t have the two screws at both ends… so either everyone else just drilled their own holes and figured it out or my car has screw holes that aren’t original to the car!?? Either way it’s sounding more like I may have to drill and make it happen. They’ve confirmed their pads don’t have the hardware built in for 68

It's not surprising given the fact that a lot of the reproduction arm rest pads are just a block of wood with a little foam/vinyl wrapped around it.(originals have a metal inner core/frame)

Just had a look at my original pad. There is just a hole in the metal frame at the ends for a screw. Nothing special.

Just had a look at my original pad. There is just a hole in the metal frame at the ends for a screw. Nothing special.
Interesting. Maybe they figured people would just add a screw if needed and maybe it was easier to remove/assemble without one. Ok well this helps. Looks like I’ll be drilling a hole in the new dash pad and gonna have to roll the sleeves up to make it work.

I got mine from dash pad factory and it was the same deal. My original has what looks like small round metal washers that the screws thread in to on the ends. The new one has no such provisions.

The pad fits just fine and doesn't seem to need the screws on the end to keep it tight against the dash but I haven't gotten the car back on the road yet so the real test will be if it vibrates loose on the ends while driving. If it does then I'll have to come up with some sort of home made remedy.

Yea that’s my concern too. I may just find a way to tighten it on there now bc I do not want to touch anything after it’s installed
I got mine from dash pad factory and it was the same deal. My original has what looks like small round metal washers that the screws thread in to on the ends. The new one has no such provisions.

The pad fits just fine and doesn't seem to need the screws on the end to keep it tight against the dash but I haven't gotten the car back on the road yet so the real test will be if it vibrates loose on the ends while driving. If it does then I'll have to come up with some sort of home made remedy.

-
Back