68 barracuda fastback buildsheet location

-

Darren

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
hey guys i have a 68 barracuda formula s 383 4 speed. matching number car. i would really like to find the build sheet. i looked under the rear seat with no luck. any thoughts? thanks

Reach behind the glovebox and feel around.Sometimes they will be on top of the glove boxliner.Under the carpet,under the headliner,above the gas tank.

You did look under the front seats right?I also have heard they have been found behind the seat back on bucket seats.

Look under the upright one as well, then under the Buckets, then behind the glove compartment. I saw one in the headliner.do you have the fender tag?

yes i have the fender tag. window sticker and the receipt from 1968. i looked in the glove compartment area and behind and under the buckets. and gastank. i have not lookedbehind the rear seat.

I've found them under the carpet too. Trouble is they are usually in real bad shape when you find them there.

Look under the upright one as well, then under the Buckets, then behind the glove compartment. I saw one in the headliner.do you have the fender tag?

What kind of car was it that you found it in the headliner? What plant was the car built at?

Instead of looking under the back seat, look inside the springs of the lower portion of the back seat; I found about 2/3 of mine there (and some rodents found the rest before I got there).

Mine was located under the springs of the rear seat cushion. It was completely intact with just a little rust mark from the springs. If your car hasn't been disassembled before, you may get lucky and find it there.

Is there any way to get a buildsheet or is there some kind of data base ive heard that you cant get anything per 68 im not sure just how true that is though

Instead of looking under the back seat, look inside the springs of the lower portion of the back seat; I found about 2/3 of mine there (and some rodents found the rest before I got there).

mine is a fastback so it has the foldown rear seat. are you talking about behind the foldown rear seat? thanks

Under the lower back seat between the springs and the cushion, remove it and look on the underside, not the seat back, here's you a pic

Attachments

• image.jpg
    18.9 KB · Views: 299
why are you so worried about the b sheet
when you have all the other documentation.

why are you so worried about the b sheet
when you have all the other documentation.

you answered your own question. i have all but the b sheet. i would love to have the b sheet.

the car was built in michigan hamtramck

... I'm going to go look under my back seat now. I didn't even care about the build sheet! Thanks a lot guys :|

:)

You did look under the front seats right?I also have heard they have been found behind the seat back on bucket seats.

Yeah, the build sheet for my 69 'cuda was in the front BENCH seat cushion. It was in excellent shape too. But the most common area is the rear seat cushion.

Both of my 69's it was taped around the back of the glove box liner. Same on my wife's 66 Formula S.

Randy

Unless your like me & you tear the whole interior apart & I meen the whole thing & find nothing, notta, not even a trace ( same with the fender tag ) LOL

the car came with the glove box liner folded in a box. there does not seem to be a trace of paper any where on the glove box liner. keep on lookin.

seeing that the cuda needs a fresh headliner i pulled down the oldone hoping to find the b sheet. nothing. i also pulled the rear fold down seat apart and looked there nothing there either. where abouts were they in the front buckets, other than under the bottom springs? and also where were they located under the carpet? thanks

seeing that the cuda needs a fresh headliner i pulled down the oldone hoping to find the b sheet. nothing. i also pulled the rear fold down seat apart and looked there nothing there either. where abouts were they in the front buckets, other than under the bottom springs? and also where were they located under the carpet? thanks

Found a few under carpet and padding directly under driver seat. Need to remove seat and pull carpet back

-
Back