68 Barracuda fastback

-

68 fish fb

Reaction score
I bought this ‘68 Fastback about 1.5 years ago for a project car. It’s my first attempt at restoring a car.

The Barracuda sat in a barn for 27+ years. A prior owner who found it, stripped the interior, pulled the motor & trans, but gave up after one year. When I bought the car, the seats were nicely redone. That is the extent of the prior owner’s work.

The 318 is still as is. It turns over easy. The 904 was rebuilt last year. Rust on rear quarters and floor pan just repaired. I’ve rewired back half. Front half is next. Sanded ceiling and applied Kilmat. Removed all metal interior panels, sanded, primed, painted, and added sound deadening. I have replaced door and window frame gaskets and cat whiskers. I rebuilt the heater box last fall. Installed new shoddy pad. As well as firewall and kick panel insulation. I’m missing the d-side backseat metal hinge cover and both door vents.

Next on the list: install trunk gasket, PST tubular upper control arms and front disc conversion. I haven’t decided on the brake kit brand. And, I still need to replace the tank, fuel and brake lines. All the chrome is present and in mostly good condition. Except for the dented lower trunk lid piece. Thanks to DMT, AMD, PST, Mancini, Classic Industries, YearOne, and a few local Mopar owners.

Last month, I found a complete ’70 340 and 8 3/4 (489) with posi through networking. Not sure yet how to build the 340 for weekend summer car meets and occasional highway usage. I should rewire the dash, but I am hesitant at this time. I am leaning towards the Chrysler Rallye wheels: 15s.

68 Mopar 2.JPG

D-side fp.jpg

extra seat holes.jpg

old rear half.jpg

old trunk divider.jpg

Interior stripped.jpg

Last edited:
Welcome from Michigan, the Motor City! Nice solid Cuda, don't give up the reward is worth the effort! 65'

-
Back