68 Barracuda Front parking lamp replacement

-

Overlook68

Reaction score
Whats the replacement method? I see two small nuts on the back side that hold the assembly in. Or are the parking lamps like the side marker lamps and just need for the bulb holder to be pulled out. I did want to start applying my monkey grip hands on something that does not pull apart. (10 years of BJJ my hand strength it pretty good).

You must remove the lens to replace the bulb.

I dont remember the exact procedure , pretty much have to pull the whole thing out. Really a pain in the *** , dont understand why they did it that way.

Why they did it that way? Brings up an age-old problem, engineers. Somebody designed it that way didn't they? Somebody OK'ed that design didn't they? Somebody put it into production didn't they? It seems obvious that engineers never use or work on the products they design. This should be a requirement. Today things are designed by computer yet the problem remains.

To change the bulbs on my 2014 Ram 1500. Turn tire inwards to access panel. Remove radiator cover. Remove grill. Access blind lock from the wheel well. Then pull the light assembly out. -

To change the bulbs on my 2014 Ram 1500. Turn tire inwards to access panel. Remove radiator cover. Remove grill. Access blind lock from the wheel well. Then pull the light assembly out. -

I recently put new led type bulbs , w/ new canbus adapters in my 2014 ram express. The stupid latch tab broke of the first time I pulled on the pass side one , doesnt seem to be a problem tho , looks like overkill to me .
MY dim lights were so yellow I couldn`t see at night w/o haveing the brights on, much better now !!

-
Back