68 Barracuda Front Side Marker Light

-

JTG

Reaction score
Hi, I need to replace the bulb in the round marker light on my fender, I took the assembly out, is the socket on the back of the housing the same set up as the tail lights? where it pulls out and pushes back in, its giving resistance at the moment and I don't want to break it. Is the replacement bulb a 1895 also known as a 57? Thanks

Hi CudaJunction, I tried to unscrew the socket off the housing and it won't move, unless it's a reverse thread I'm going to apply a bit of liquid wrench and try again, I wouldn't mind if the light was decrepit but its a NOS piece.

:BangHead:Anyone else have problems unscrewing the socket from the back of the housing on a 68 marker light, I tried liquid wrench, pliers, locking pliers, any insight here is much appreciated, just need to replace the bulb and don't want to damage this light assembly, if the part was an old rusty worn out piece I would understand, but as already mentioned it's NOS. Did Chrysler Tig weld these components together?:BangHead:

Two locking pliers were required, it seems Chrysler put thread sealer which makes sense to keep moisture/water out, over 50 years it solidified and become more of an adhesive, making a straight forward fix not so much.

Last edited:
It has an "O" ring to water out.You are experiencing dirt and corrosion. Use the proper bulb. Your marker lites are different front and back, this is why repop "kits" are wrong.

-
Back