68 Cuda Formula S 383 Hood Inserts ---- BEAUTIES!

-

partsmonsta

Massively Over Powered And Respected
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Just completed repaint on these for a Customer.
Only the 3rd pair I have seen in person.
Truly, the rarest of the rare for 68 Cuda parts.

WAG-HOOD-01.jpg

WAG-HOOD-02.jpg

WAG-HOOD-03.jpg

WAG-HOOD-04.jpg

WAG-HOOD-05.jpg

i don't have a barracuda or a 383, and i'd still put those on my car

250 + shipping.
1 week turnaround, once received.
Just wondering how it will affect value ? Mine are in good shape. But yours look near perfect. Any thoughts on it ?
Or am i over thinking ?

Just wondering how it will affect value ? Mine are in good shape. But yours look near perfect. Any thoughts on it ?
Or am i over thinking ?
I took a harder look at your Inserts...Wow.
These are the closest to NOS I have seen for 383s.
Just clean them up with soap & water or keep them the way they are.
----------------------------
So many Cuda Guys take the Standard, 340 or 383s and immediately run off to the Chrome Shop.
Dont rechrome these inserts. The rechrome is very rarely done correctly and actually comes back much worse and then you wasted 9-1100 and six +/- months.
Last pair I had rechromed (for a Customer), came back with the 340 letters filled. Hated to send them back, considering the original cond was not too bad.
Not trying to rag Chromers, but the majority do some really hack work. There are great places out there, but damned if I can find them.

FRED-CUDA-07.jpg

I think I got a good plater- I use Paul's and has been good in keeping the detail. My inserts are a bit pitted and was assuming that I needed a re-chrome before painting. Good job! Is accurate in the details, will keep your info and will call when ready. You can also do trunk trim? Have you ever done the deluxe wheel covers?

I think I got a good plater- I use Paul's and has been good in keeping the detail. My inserts are a bit pitted and was assuming that I needed a re-chrome before painting. Good job! Is accurate in the details, will keep your info and will call when ready. You can also do trunk trim? Have you ever done the deluxe wheel covers?
Yes, Trunk trim for 67s and 68s.
Can you PM your Chromer's contact?

great work.. i have one NOS one on my car...prob should have a set redone though..

Are these the same ones that came on 67's too?
No, but many of the 67 Guys are putting them on the 67s.
Here is a pic of the 67s. We do them also.

We just finished a pair of 68 340 Hood Inserts...very nice.

PAUL-hood-67s-01.jpg

-
Back