68 Dart 1/4 window bushing

-

BeylaMarie

Reaction score
Hi all! Got my 68 Dart 270 road worthy and am having so much fun driving it! The locks and windows were a little hard to move so I am cleaning and greasing them. The passenger rear window was especially hard. I took it apart and this bushing fell out. I cannot see where it goes. The window is moving great now. It does go all the way down, the drivers side stops about a half inch above the metal. Does anyone recognize this bushing? Are the rear windows supposed to go all the way down or is there an adjustment I'm not seeing? It's working okay, I just dont want to put it back together if I'm going to have an issue down the road from this broken piece being missing. Thanks!!

20190713_132905.jpg

20190713_132900.jpg

20190713_132911.jpg

BeylaMarie, yes the window stops are adjustable, I adjusted the stops so the top of the glass sets flush with the weather strip. (cat wiskers) You just don't want the glass to roll under the moulding then it may not want to roll back up. That broken part is a roller, it help slide the glass up and down the track smoothly. Classic Industries sales those in kits if you are missing some.....Shop manual is your friend here.

They are held in place with a push on spring tension washer.

I have some of those I salvaged off some rear 1/4 window regulators i think were barracuda fastback. I got them with a parts lot. These regulators were best described as mangled. I kept all the rollers, clips, plastic pieces, coil springs, and the splined crank pieces w bushings off them that were good, tossed the mangled regulators in my scrap pile. What I didnt get was the push on rollers.

BTW, did you sell that 67 fastback? What's your price on it? Working with another member on here with a pretty rusty 69 notchback in Wisconsin. PM me.

-
Back