68 Dart GTS - from shell to street

-

GTSDart340

Reaction score
Here's my 68 GTS. We got this car back in 98. I'm not totally sure of the history, but I have a theory. I think it blew an engine in the early 80s (the license plate that came on the car expired in 84). We know it was used as a parts car for another GTS, so by the time we got it there wasn't a lot left. We got it from a couple of guys (who weren't the brightest crayons in the box) who were going to make it a drag car. When we got it, the pinion yoke was out, so it wouldn't roll forward for more than a few feet. We had to jack it up and slide it over to get it out the gate. It was missing everything under the hood (no wiring, battery tray, brake lines.. etc), fuel system, interior, windshield, emblems, and unfortunately the fender tag. It does have the GTS VIN, LS23P8E103XXX. it's an early car, so it does have the mounting hole for the grille nose piece (if anyone has one to give away I'll take it LOL), and strangely enough it has V8 emblems on the fenders under the GTS. They appear to be factory (holes are punched, not drilled). It was apparently an original gold car with a black vinyl top, black stripe, and brown interior. It's now going to be midnight blue with a black painted top, black stripe and black interior. It's got a later 340 in it, 727 auto and 8 3/4 with 3.91 sure grip. It's also got factory 4 piston disc brakes on the front. It's currently ugly in primer, but it runs nicely. I recently put FiTech fuel injection on it, and also dual electric fans.

DSCF0705resize.JPG

kevinB68gold.jpg

updatefrontresize.jpg

IMG_20200411_173544.jpg

IMG_20200208_192352.jpg

IMG_20191019_093514.jpg

IMG_20191018_173002.jpg

IMG_20200211_182314.jpg

oh nice car. I want to go to efi on my dart (1971 swinger with a 383/727 swap) have you had good luck with yours?

oh nice car. I want to go to efi on my dart (1971 swinger with a 383/727 swap) have you had good luck with yours?
It's been pretty good, my main issues have been that I used the command center, as I didn't want to run a return line or change my fuel tank. The center overheated and shut down on me a few times. I need to go in and do the modification I've seen several people do, which keeps it cooler. I've seen several YouTube videos on it. Otherwise it's been great!

-
Back