68 Dart Side panel trim removal

-

Dave K

Reaction score
Can anyone tell me a quick and easy way to remove the chrome trim running down the sides of my car without ruining the trim or body panels?
Not sure how they're held on, so I thought I'd ask first...

Thanks,
Dave

Go to any auto parts store and ask for the trim removal tool section. You'll need the one that looks like two hooks on a flat piece of 1" sheetmetal with a handle. Pretty easy to do just make sure you read the INSTRUCTIONS! Or you'll dent the trim. :shock: :geek:

Dave

Thanks!
Does this mean there will be rivets to remove?
I just want a nice clean look, and can't stand these running down the sides of my car. But it would suck if I had to remove clips that were attached to the body...
I really thought it was double sided taped on to be honest.

You will most likely have a bunch of rivets combined with holes (depending on where the trim is at). My car originally had the GT trim that goes onlong the lower part of the side and over the wheelwells. If memory serves me correct, a lot of the side trim was held on with studs with nuts on the inside of the panel. That was 22 years ago when I eliminated them, so i could be wrong, but I do remember holes in the body needing filled.

Does this apply to the trim that runs from the front round marker light to the rear round marker light?

-
Back