68 Dart strut rods

-

dodgegtdart68

Reaction score
When I put the bushing on the front the bushing doesn't give squish down enough to even show the hole that goes thru it. Is it wrong bushing ???

A picture is worth a thousand words! Strut rod hole should be present when installed prior to tightening the strut rod cupped washer and nut. 65'

I have read this several times and still can’t understand what your saying.

Here's pics.

58414.jpeg

58416.jpeg

Hey guys my bad on the pics and more info. It's just that my girlfriend , ***** knows EEEEVERYTHINGGGG I get it caught up in other areas of my life. Lol

Ok there is no washer on the back side or the lower control arm side plus that is not the correct nut. If the other end has coarse threads your using the wrong strut rods. Those are for 73 and newer. You can use those on the earlier models. But you have to use the bushing for the 73 up struts.

Ok there is no washer on the back side or the lower control arm side plus that is not the correct nut. If the other end has coarse threads your using the wrong strut rods. Those are for 73 and newer. You can use those on the earlier models. But you have to use the bushing for the 73 up struts.

I know about the nut ty. I'm mistaken on the thread size.these are the only ones I had so they aren't mixed up. While it's sitting like it is , not bolted. Should it be able to spin ??? If I remember right only 1 end has that hole in it for the pin ??

Maybe an optical illusion, but, the front bushing looks too thick to me......and the washer isn't correct. For sure the rear nut and washer are wrong.....well aftermarket anyway....not factory. As SGB mentioned, they didn't use a washer there. The factory nut had a built in one.

If they are tight no on the spinning. Only one hole for a roll pin on the f
Maybe an optical illusion, but, the front bushing looks too thick to me......and the washer isn't correct. For sure the rear nut and washer are wrong.....well aftermarket anyway....not factory. As SGB mentioned, they didn't use a washer there. The factory nut had a built in one.

As far as I know those are original strut rods , nuts n washers. I ordered the front end bushing kit & those could be the wrong bushings thrown in.

The front nut might be.......the rear nut and both washers are not.

The replacement 2 piece bushings use a cupped washer mounted 180 from how the factory mounted theirs. Look at 4spdragtop's post. That's the way they are supposed to look with aftermarket bushings and washers.

The replacement 2 piece bushings use a cupped washer mounted 180 from how the factory mounted theirs. Look at 4spdragtop's post. That's the way they are supposed to look with aftermarket bushings and washers.[/QUOTE

Ya I saw how he did that. That will give me 3/8" more. I was thinking about taking a sawzall to the bushing. Lol

Well i posted the thread size and pics that I took with nary a "thanks", but a lot of bitching about your gf. So my comments/pics were removed.

-
Back