68 dart super stock springs flexible brake line to order?

-

gdbuick

Reaction score
Hello,
I'm working on my newly acquired dart over the winter. It has an 8 3/4 rearend in it shortened from a b-body donor by previous owner. I noticed with the car on jack stands so the rear end is hanging by the super stock springs only that the rear axle rubber flex brake line is pretty tight when in this position. It's also pretty old so I want to order a replacement. Should I order a stock replacement line or when using super stock springs is there a different part # people are ordering, perhaps an 1" or 2" longer? Thanks Greg

I usually get one from a C body that is longer.Or some will extend the hard line bracket to body.

Thanks for the reply’s. So I will look into ordering a “C” body from the 68 year era. Thanks Greg

So, how long is an original A-Body flex hose?
In order to get a loger hose I would like to know that .
Total lengths for easier compare would be great.
Thanks

So, how long is an original A-Body flex hose?
In order to get a loger hose I would like to know that .
Total lengths for easier compare would be great.
Thanks
I was thinking to order from rock.auto. This is what I found on the website for hydraulic hose for Raybestos part #'s for the rear. I'm not sure how accurate the info is.

1968 C body Monaco BH36651 = 14.4375"
1968 A Body Dart BH24058 = 14.5"
1971 B100 (I assume is correct for a B van ) BH36758 22.875"

I was thinking to order from rock.auto. This is what I found on the website for hydraulic hose for Raybestos part #'s for the rear. I'm not sure how accurate the info is.

1968 C body Monaco BH36651 = 14.4375"
1968 A Body Dart BH24058 = 14.5"
1971 B100 (I assume is correct for a B van ) BH36758 22.875"

Thank you.
Now lets see what my Parts Guy can find.

-
Back