`68 Door Handles

-

FASTBACK340

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Those look pretty nice John. The price is steep, but that seems to be the norm with our Mopars nowadays. It sucks, but it's a fact of life.

Any more progress on the bodywork? You must be like a kid in a candy store right about now. :) I know I would be.

I bought a new set of handles for I think it was $80 and just cleaned my black buttons and turned out nice. Have any black buttons laying around?

call me ignorant. whats the deal with the black buttons? i've got four of them on a 68 dart 270 four door. i thought they were the cheap version with the chrome in the high price range cars.

jamesmcclain340 said:
call me ignorant. whats the deal with the black buttons? i've got four of them on a 68 dart 270 four door. i thought they were the cheap version with the chrome in the high price range cars.

James, you might as well send those cheap old door handles to John for free - they're worth absolutely nothing. :---)

They look purdy, I think the price is about average for them. Wish I saw the gas tank before I spent twice that on mine.

Didn't somebody post here a while back about never getting the parts he paid this guy for? The guy does have a high feedback rating, so maybe it was a fluke? Good luck with your decision.

OldVart said:
Any more progress on the bodywork? You must be like a kid in a candy store right about now. :) I know I would be.

Just got a big white box from Year One this morning at work. Yeah... just like Christmas morning !

As for the black buttons, they are correct for a `68 Plymouth and haven't been availiable from the aftermarket up to now. As for swapping buttons, mine look like they were chewed on. Is $120 alot of money? Yeah. So was the $295 I paid for wheel well moldings....

Like the old saying goes: in for a dime; in for a dollar.

Correct me if I am wrong but I believe most if not all were black up until early '69 model year. My early built '69 (sept '68 build) dart was still wearing black buttons. Len

-
Back