68 fender on a 67??

-

cli55er

Tem Greene's Nephew
Reaction score
found this car like 10 miles from me.

is this a 68 fender on a 67 slant dart? or did the 67 slant cars come with the round marker light?

also....I'm assuming a 70 front V8 K member will bolt up and the 8 3/4 rearend from same year will bolt in as well?

I also have several 69 parts like grille and brake light lenses, etc....will those bolt in to make a Frankenstein?

My head says yes to all of those questions.....but just getting the community's
thoughts.

fender.jpg

yes, no, yes and no

1. yes its a 68 fender on a 67
2. no they didn't come with them
3. yes the k frame and rear will fit
4. no the 69 parts wont fit

did i get that right?

makes me think this car may have had a little booboo in the front end for it to have 68 fenders on it.

i think so..but i could be wrong

I've only owned a 64 and 69. and between the 67-69 i'm not sure what parts will flip and flop. I have 69 grille, instrument cluster, taillights and bezels, etc etc. not that this car needs all that. and I have all my old 340 bits from my 70 that i'd like to use to take out the slant 6.

purpose of the car would be a project car for my 14yo to learn and rebuild the 340 that came out of my 70, etc. he likes 69 better, hates 68, and not that big on 67. but trying to find a car this complete 10 miles away for the price its listed is near impossible right now. only reason he doesn't like 68 is the round marker lights on the sides and front. go figure..... but 67 has rectangle and from what i can tell not supposed to have a side marker at all.

hell maybe this is a 68 with a 67 grille??? ad says its a 1 owner original title 67 though.

Have the owner send you the vin.

On a 67 the vin is on the driver's side door hinge piller.

On 68 the vin is on the dash.

is this a 68 fender on a 67 slant dart? or did the 67 slant cars come with the round marker light?

The headlight buckets on a 67,68, and 69 are all placed differently

No 67 came from the factory with round side marker lights.

The side trim is 67 270, the side markers are 68.
Screenshot_20220812-144025.png

If it is titled as a 67 then my bet is they added the 68 side markers

Any photos of the rear?

Also if it is a 67 the vin will not be stamped anywhere on the engine , trans, or body.

There is a sequence number on the fender tag and build sheet that will have numbers that correlate to the hidden stamping on the trunk lip under the weatherstripping on the driver's side. And on the transmission. Not sure if the engine got any stamp at all, but if it did it would not be the vin.

Best case it's a 67 with 67 title.

also....I'm assuming a 70 front V8 K member will bolt up and the 8 3/4 rearend from same year will bolt in as well
70 k member will bolt in.

Any A Body 8 3/4 will bolt in but you will need the 8 3/4 u bolts shock plates etc. Other options exist.

I also have several 69 parts like grille and brake light lenses, etc....will those bolt in to make a Frankenstein
Tail lights while the same basic shape are unique to the years. Wiring is different IIRC

Grill is unique dut to headlight bucket placement noted above.

Buy the 67, fill the 68 holes and sell the 69 parts to enjoy the best of the modern era A body darts.

Last edited:
Also 67 tail lamp buckets are smaller I'm told, than 68/9. I'm told you can enlarge them and installe them if that is what you want, but the 67 is only year with back up lights in the bumper. They are in the tail lamps in 68/9.

I'm told you can make the late fenders work on a 67 if you move the headlamp mount buckets AKA drill out the spot welds. The 68/9 grills will not fit a 67 otherwise, and 67 grill will not fit the 68/9 headlight mounts if not moved

I'm not familiar, but am also told that while the doors will interchange, the internal hardware is different in 67, so maybe? some parts from 68/9 doors will not fit 67 doors

Front/ rear glass is all same from 67/ later as long as it's a hardtop, but gaskets are "one year" for 67--unless you install trim clips and round up the 68/ later trim

It's also possible that someone added 68 markers to a 67. 67 did not have a dash vin, it was on doorpost.

A previous owner did the swap, I liked it, so I kept it that way. I'm not sure what he had to do to the tail light buckets, but they've been "massaged". I swapped out the bumper and tail light harness. The headlight bezels only needed to have an additional hole drilled.

-
Back