69 A56 '340 Cuda

-
Welcome and enjoying your stories. I am a 69 fan myself and you are going to find that FABO is the best Mopar site, bar none. Keep us updated on the search. Wish I had my first 69 back too.

I just visited with the 5th owner of the car. He sold it a few years ago, it was still running but needed a lot of work.

He told me that the gentleman he sold it to also has sold it, it went to California. It may very well be one of the Y2 cars listed in the A56 registry, as the intent was to restore it.

The search continues!

Pa karp

But you already said this "I looked at the registry on the Y2 code. I got home from the US Army on March 17th, 1969. I ordered the car the next week. So would not have been built before then."

Where was it before it went to Cali?

BB-Dave,

I don't think there was much chance of the car being built before I ordered it, but it is possible. I have an E-mail into the gentleman that sold the car to someone in California.

He is from Omaha, I have not heard from him yet. If anyone knows of a Mopar restoration company in southern California, please let me know.

Pa karp

Are these names associated with your car? Dvorak, Bellevue, NE and Young, Omaha, NE.

This is such a good read and the stories are cool.

I will follow and hope you get to your old car.

Any updates on old paperwork from John Iverson @ Iverson Chrysler Center in Mitchell, SD.

Next time I am in Mitchell, SD, I am going to stop and see John Iverson. He had told me everything in the old days were on paper, and had been destroyed. He was going to see if there might be some old service records, but not sure.

Got another story! A buddy of mine bought a new '69 SS Camaro with the 300 hp 350, 4 speed, yellow with a black roof, about the same time I got the 'Cuda.

Of course, "my car is faster then your car" challenge came about. He was right, "my" car was faster! lol God rest his soul, good guy gone for a few years now.

Pa karp

The lost has been found! If you go back and look at my photos and then look the photos the BB-Dave posted, you are looking at the same car, 44 years later. Still looks pretty good doesn't she!

The car is 1400 miles from me, but I have been with in 60 miles of it a half dozen times over the last few years and did not know it. I sure would have went and looked at it if I would have known.

Pa karp

Man, this is just one reason why this is the best Mopar site on the web! Awesome story. Interested to see where this goes as well.

I wish you luck in your search. And I hope you find it soon!

Uh, he did find it. BB-Dave owns it and he has a soft spots for notches...not sure if he would sell it back to pa karp or not...

Uh, he did find it. BB-Dave owns it and he has a soft spots for notches...not sure if he would sell it back to pa karp or not...

BB-Dave,

I don't think there was much chance of the car being built before I ordered it, but it is possible. I have an E-mail into the gentleman that sold the car to someone in California.

He is from Omaha, I have not heard from him yet. If anyone knows of a Mopar restoration company in southern California, please let me know.

Pa karp

Great read...

I purchased the Y2 A56 Barracuda coupe that Dave currently owns from a guy in Omaha, NE in around 2002-2003 (If I remember correctly his name was Brian). I brought it back to CA before selling it to Dave a few years later.

Drop me PM if you have any questions.

Here's a pic when I purchased it.

8ubw.jpg

That's the car that I purchased new! I have been in contact with BB-Dave.
Lots of good memories involved with that car.

Just visited with the former wife, she told me some stories about her driving the car with some of her buddies down in Sioux Falls, SD when she was in school that I did not know about. She could row the 4-speed about as good as I could!

Pa karp

Great read...

I purchased the Y2 A56 Barracuda coupe that Dave currently owns from a guy in Omaha, NE in around 2002-2003 (If I remember correctly his name was Brian). I brought it back to CA before selling it to Dave a few years later.

Drop me PM if you have any questions.

Here's a pic when I purchased it.

8ubw.jpg

Well, Well, look who it is! Dan to the rescue!!!!

-
Back