69 b body rear end rims

-

cuda guy

Reaction score
Hi all

I have a 1971 Dodge Demon that we put a stock 69 b body rear end in and I was wondering whats the best rims and tire sizes to use

All stock springs and perchs

I tried a set of 2007 Dodge Magnum rims and they fit very nicely

Thats for your help

Hi all

I have a 1971 Dodge Demon that we put a stock 69 b body rear end in and I was wondering whats the best rims and tire sizes to use

All stock springs and perchs

I tried a set of 2007 Dodge Magnum rims and they fit very nicely

Thats for your help

So, you moved the perches on the '69 B-body 8 3/4 to the stock A-body location at 43” c-c?

From there, it really depends on what you want to run for rims and tires. The '69 B body 8 3/4 is 60 1/8" wheel mount to wheel mount, which works out to about 2.3" wider than an A-body 8 3/4 with BBP axles, so 1.15" per side.

On a Demon with the stock spring locations and an A-body 8 3/4 you'd be looking at 275's on an 8" wide rim with about 4.5" of backspace for the largest tires that will fit inside the stock quarters. So add 1.15" to that backspace, and with the '69 B-body 8 3/4 you'd want ~5.65" of backspace. It's easier to have more backspace and run a small spacer than it is to not have enough, so I'd be looking for an 8" wide rim with 5.75" to 6" of backspace for a 275 wide tire.

Ultimately, your best bet is to measure your car. Find the distance between the wheel mounting face and the springs, and the wheel mounting face and the quarters, and use that to work out your backspace. You'll want about a 1/2" of clearance to the springs and at least 1/2" to the quarters to be safe.

Agreed
Would like to find a plan steelie if I could

-
Back