69 Barracuda Brake light switch Location

-

56Steve

Reaction score
Hello I am looking for a diagram on how to change my brake light switch.
Taillights work,turn signals work. so I am assuming it's the switch?
Thanks in advance for any help.
Steve

Why do you want to replace the brake lite switch? I have never seen one go bad. Very simple and reliable. If your brake lites aren't working then the problem is probably elsewhere. The switch maybe mis-adjusted. Follow the circuit. Power into the switch on one terminal and power going out the other terminal when pedal is depressed. From there to the T/S switch, then to the t/lights. Could be simple like a bad fuse.

Hello I am looking for a diagram on how to change my brake light switch.
Taillights work,turn signals work. so I am assuming it's the switch?
Thanks in advance for any help.
Steve

Look under the dash, it's right near the brake pedal... It's a littel push pin that engages when the pedal is all the way up...

Very simple to install, just loosen the bolt and take it out... Install the new one with the tab in the hole, then put the bolt in... Adjust it so the lights are not on when the pedal is at its upper resting position, but engages the lights when you press the pedal down...

The brake light switch feeds the turn signal switch. The turn signal breaks the brake light circuit and adds a new power from the flasher to that light. So the problem can be and most likely is the turn signal switch.

Alan

-
Back