69 Barracuda fastback rear window regulator install

-

67dodgedartconv

Reaction score
A little help please. Where does the small roller on the left end of the regulator in the picture go? What does it engage? Does it ride along the curved bar of the "rear track" in the picture? Thanks for any help.
Screenshot_20180525-122809.png

these pics were taken with my quarter panel cut off. on the inner panel there's a C channel track and I think the wheel you question rides in it. Top left picture 1 and 7. Remember these are looking from the outside in. hope these help.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

7.JPG

these pics were taken with my quarter panel cut off. on the inner panel there's a C channel track and I think the wheel you question rides in it. Top left picture 1 and 7. Remember these are looking from the outside in. hope these help.

View attachment 1715179902

View attachment 1715179903

View attachment 1715179904

View attachment 1715179905

View attachment 1715179906

View attachment 1715179907
Your car is a fastback also? Is that short c channel welded in or bolted? I have the window mechanism at home working on it but the car is in a storage facility. That c channel is what I was not accounting for.

Most mopar windows have this c-channel "kicker" in it's mechanism. On cuda rears looks like they are welded in but on others they are bolted in and also act as an adjustment.

Mines a 67 fastback, the channel is welded to the inner panel just below the upper stop adjuster. There is a certain order to put all these parts back in. I'll post it here if I can find it in my notes.
On second thought I dont remember if the track was welded or bolted in. I can't find a pic of the inside. If it's welded you'd wouldn't know it was there.

Last edited:
Mines a 67 fastback, the channel is welded to the inner panel just below the upper stop adjuster. There is a certain order to put all these parts back in. I'll post it here if I can find it in my notes.
On second thought I dont remember if the track was welded or bolted in. I can't find a pic of the inside. If it's welded you'd wouldn't know it was there.
That's ok, I'll find out today when I go to the car if they are welded, hope so because I didn't find any short sections of channel with my other window stuff. Thanks for taking time to post the pictures. They are just what I need.

Any info on the rebuilding process ? How do all the nylon/plastic pieces come off the window regulators arms ? This is exactly what I was looking for . Thanks for the info.

Buy the full kit from MrMopar or so and get ready for lots of fun. The rollers are the easy part. It all has to sorta go in together into the side in collapsed form. If I lived next door to you I would ask for a case of Coors light per side just to assist. It is tough and takes lots of patience! BTW the first case is just to be sure you want to do it. The second case is for celebrating success!

Last edited:
Another pic with the quarter off that may help you.

I used it for reference and it certainly helped. Still was a tough job. If your quarters are off do it first. Notice the rubber wraps on the upper stops seem to be missing on this car, or the photo does not show them well.

37A48665-A14B-4C6D-A2D1-4469D8766D8C.jpeg

Last edited:
This will be a winter project, just doing the leg work now. Purchased the kit from MegaParts at the Mopars at Carlisle this summer. They had a kit just for the fastback Barracuda. All the pictures have been a tremendous help and the information as always is priceless. These forums really are worth the price of admission.
Thanks again.

Any info on the rebuilding process ? How do all the nylon/plastic pieces come off the window regulators arms ? This is exactly what I was looking for . Thanks for the info.
You very carefully pry them loose with a small flat blade screwdriver

upload_2019-10-18_9-12-4.png

upload_2019-10-18_9-17-4.png

Last edited:
This will be a winter project, just doing the leg work now. Purchased the kit from MegaParts at the Mopars at Carlisle this summer. They had a kit just for the fastback Barracuda. All the pictures have been a tremendous help and the information as always is priceless. These forums really are worth the price of admission.
Thanks again.

hope you enjoyed Carlisle, my wife and I did!

I thought I had it under control after pulling them. 2 years later for the body to arrive and install time. I had kinda forgot just how I managed to get them out. Plenty of pics and such to guide me, but damn they were harder to put back in and adjust! Wear a long sleeve shirt for sure to save your arms!

I thought I had it under control after pulling them. 2 years later for the body to arrive and install time. I had kinda forgot just how I managed to get them out. Plenty of pics and such to guide me, but damn they were harder to put back in and adjust! Wear a long sleeve shirt for sure to save your arms!
If a picture is worth a thousand words then how much is it worth in time spent re-installing a window regulator ?:mad:

If a picture is worth a thousand words then how much is it worth in time spent re-installing a window regulator ?:mad:

When you do it and succeed! Post back with your joy and dislike of doing it! I believe in you.

Pic after a soak in a tub of evaporust for a day and re-grease. Looked new and clean. I put some additional white lithium on the moving parts just before insertion.

60C98549-7C97-4739-A9F0-D844E4609A35.jpeg

Last edited:
As far as final adjust, get the vertical to the door glass rear quarter seal right first. Assuming the door glass is set/adjusted and parallel. Then Get the in/out tilt adjusted to the top roof rail seal. When all set, adjust the stops for final up/down.

Soooo anyone got pics for a 69 vert regulator?
I don't have pics but... you'll find the vert totally different and in many ways much easier. The metal that the top frame mounts on is so far from the glass that a separate piece of sheet metal is required for the felt/fuzzy to attach to. Remove it and the entire assembly will lift right out since there is no roof in the way. Worse part of vert is the 2 bolts holding the regulator to the floor or frame rail. Pic above shows 2 holes down there. That's about where the verts regulator is bolted down. A broken bolt there could be a nightmare.

Pic after a soak in a tub of evaporust for a day and re-grease. Looked new and clean. I put some additional white lithium on the moving parts just before insertion.
View attachment 1715410365
I have never used evaporust so I don't know if it melts away or contaminates grease.
I never quite understood why the "thing" behind the winder handle needed to be a multi part assembly, much different from a ball bearing, but I know it should have grease in it. You would need to drill out the brads to see what is inside it, clean, and repack.
I'm not saying what you can't see might become an issue someday... just sharing what I have seen F.Y.I. Good luck

Thanks Ben, I was being more sarcastic than anything, but when the time comes I will definitely be referring to this thread for advice.
Thanks again!
I don't have pics but... you'll find the vert totally different and in many ways much easier. The metal that the top frame mounts on is so far from the glass that a separate piece of sheet metal is required for the felt/fuzzy to attach to. Remove it and the entire assembly will lift right out since there is no roof in the way. Worse part of vert is the 2 bolts holding the regulator to the floor or frame rail. Pic above shows 2 holes down there. That's about where the verts regulator is bolted down. A broken bolt there could be a nightmare.

I have never used evaporust so I don't know if it melts away or contaminates grease.
I never quite understood why the "thing" behind the winder handle needed to be a multi part assembly, much different from a ball bearing, but I know it should have grease in it. You would need to drill out the brads to see what is inside it, clean, and repack.
I'm not saying what you can't see might become an issue someday... just sharing what I have seen F.Y.I. Good luck

It can be really awesome. How long is the key it will not reduce the grease as much as it cleans the metal. It certainly must have some effect on it, but who knows 50 years later! Attention to detail and repack and white lube on the slider makes for easy operation!

-
Back