69 Barracuda fender emblem on 340?

-
I have 2 Barracuda script that are NOS one has black paint on inside of the lettering and the other is solid chrome.
Also you cant just buy head rests and the chrome seat tops and install them. There is inner structure involved.

I am certainly not disagreeing with you on the headrest thing; maybe I got lucky. My 69 fastback did not have headrests, but I wanted them. Someone told me that headrests were an option for part of 69 and were required during the latter part of the year. They said that all 69 bucket seats had the framework underneath for headrests whether they had the or not. So I found a nice pair at a swap meet, pealed back enough upholstery to install them (carefully since it was fairly new at the time), and sure enough the framework was there. Easy install. Maybe I was lucky.

Wow, never heard of that before, maybe there were "rumblings" of head rests so all the 69 model year got the inner structures installed? Both our 67 and 69 have head rests.
Thanks for info!:thumbsup:
I am certainly not disagreeing with you on the headrest thing; maybe I got lucky. My 69 fastback did not have headrests, but I wanted them. Someone told me that headrests were an option for part of 69 and were required during the latter part of the year. They said that all 69 bucket seats had the framework underneath for headrests whether they had the or not. So I found a nice pair at a swap meet, pealed back enough upholstery to install them (carefully since it was fairly new at the time), and sure enough the framework was there. Easy install. Maybe I was lucky.

Thanks for the discussion on the fender emblems. Though my car was ordered and built in April it is not coded for the spring special (had never heard that) and likely just had the fish under the script. Are the holes different in the fender for the fish or engine emblem? Here is my passenger fender, no emblem when I bought it. Driver's side holes are filled in.
69 fender.JPG

Thanks for the discussion on the fender emblems. Though my car was ordered and built in April it is not coded for the spring special (had never heard that) and likely just had the fish under the script. Are the holes different in the fender for the fish or engine emblem? Here is my passenger fender, no emblem when I bought it. Driver's side holes are filled in.View attachment 1715533389
Make a template and send that to me.:steering:

-
Back