69 Barracuda Sport Package Sill Molding

-

69'Barracuda

Reaction score
Like the title says, looking for the sill molding that came on the 69 sport package. Also wondering if anyone has pics of how its mounted. Thanks.

Dont have any, but if its installed anything like my old 69 chargers lower moulding was, it was plastic moulding clips that gripped it at the top and bottom.

The clips used a plastic center push pin to spread out little plastic fingers on the back of the clip. You push the clip fingers into the hole in the body, then put the push pin through the center to spread the fingers out.

The clips would be installed first on the body, then the moulding lined up and snapped into place. Erik I wish you the best of luck on finding these 51 year old trim parts and the plastic clips.

Those are super hard to find. I may have some picture of the clips on the car. I will have look for them to morrow

Hey Dave,
The clips are the same ones I had put on my want list with you awhile back. I think you have one clip from a blue car, because you could tell by the paint on it. Unfortunately, seems nobody repops them, although another FABO member said he thought he had found some, but when they came in they weren't wide enough to hold. Unfortunately, I believe 18 are needed, as I counted 9 holes per side on my FB body. Hopefully with the clip you have, another clip or attachment can be found to match it, so those of us that have the Sport package sill moldings, can put them back on.
Thanks,
Dan

Hey Dan, if an unmolested clip can be found it may be able to be scanned and 3d printed.

Hoping so.
Was talking with another member today if he/company worked with just metals or did they do plastic too. They work mostly with metals, but he said they do have one type of plastic they work with, but I've never heard of it and don't know what properties it has and can be used for. He said they didn't have 3D printing though, so not sure if they could do them or not.

Hoping so.
Was talking with another member today if he/company worked with just metals or did they do plastic too. They work mostly with metals, but he said they do have one type of plastic they work with, but I've never heard of it and don't know what properties it has and can be used for. He said they didn't have 3D printing though, so not sure if they could do them or not.
You don’t happen to have a set of the trim do you? I have access to a 3D printer, as does matt I believe. If we find an original we could make more.

You don’t happen to have a set of the trim do you? I have access to a 3D printer, as does matt I believe. If we find an original we could make more.

hey Erik,

I sure hope they're still there in the car (over my dad's house). I remember when I first pulled them out, not being sure what they were. I researched the '69 dealer's brochure to find them and saw they were part of the Sport package. That helped me confirm more on mine since I have no fender tag/build sheet and have been figuring out how she was equipped from the factory. I then went back and counted the holes and held them in place to confirm what they were. Not a single clip though.

hey Erik,

I sure hope they're still there in the car (over my dad's house). I remember when I first pulled them out, not being sure what they were. I researched the '69 dealer's brochure to find them and saw they were part of the Sport package. That helped me confirm more on mine since I have no fender tag/build sheet and have been figuring out how she was equipped from the factory. I then went back and counted the holes and held them in place to confirm what they were. Not a single clip though.
I’m sure someone has a clip we could scan and use. But I’m just trying to find a set of the trim first lol.

I’m sure someone has a clip we could scan and use. But I’m just trying to find a set of the trim first lol.

Yeah, somebody has one or two out there, if you've got 3D print capability.
I'll check on the moldings when I can get over my dad's house.
Also, IDK if you knew when a Barracuda was ordered with the sport package, this is what was in it:
Sport simulated wood grain steering wheel
Custom sill moldings with black paint below molding
Rallye instrument panel (trip odometer, 150 mph speedo and simulated wood grain instrument panel). The rallye panel could also be ordered separately.

What's interesting is the black paint below the sill (rocker) moldings. It's different than the 'Cuda models with the lower black painted surfaces.

Yeah, somebody has one or two out there, if you've got 3D print capability.
I'll check on the moldings when I can get over my dad's house.
Also, IDK if you knew when a Barracuda was ordered with the sport package, this is what was in it:
Sport simulated wood grain steering wheel
Custom sill moldings with black paint below molding
Rallye instrument panel (trip odometer, 150 mph speedo and simulated wood grain instrument panel). The rallye panel could also be ordered separately.

What's interesting is the black paint below the sill (rocker) moldings. It's different than the 'Cuda models with the lower black painted surfaces.
I did read that in the catalog. Interesting option to have black paint below the trim. I’m trying to find a pic of that online. I see a few with the trim, none with the paint too

I have a complete set, with one spare. I can’t remember if it if the left or right side. I have original clips as well. The spare trim has been professionally stripped of the anodizing and is ready to be straightened. It’s really good shape, so repairs are minimal.

I have a complete set, with one spare. I can’t remember if it if the left or right side. I have original clips as well. The spare trim has been professionally stripped of the anodizing and is ready to be straightened. It’s really good shape, so repairs are minimal.
Pm incoming

The single spare I have is the passenger side. Pm your email and I will send you more pictures. This is a side view showing how straight it is.
46725E7D-D5C6-48FB-8CCF-E8BB3FF142B9.jpeg

Not.to hijack but do you have more pics/dimensions? I have an unknown piece of trim I'm trying to identify.
Thanks
Steve
He sent me the pictures, I’d guess it to be about 6ft and 2 inch across. Like the normal trim, rolled edges in, just bigger. It was anodized aluminum if that helps?

-
Back