69 Barracuda yard find listed in Seattle Craigslist

-

Fishing68

Reaction score
Just passing on a listing I found on Craigslist in Seattle. Posted three days ago.
Looks like a 1969.

Selling early 70s vehicle *Best offer wins*
00r0r_8kXTpbs1859_600x450.jpg

ok, looks like this thread has been relocated from the for sale area by an administrator... thanks. hope someone finds it and can put life back into that car.

the way its sitting im guessing something little went wrong with it (blew a headgasket maybe?) and the parked it on the side of the garage so the new car could get in the garage

and then, well you know how projects sometimes go

Don't count it out for rust.
From what I've seen Seattle isn't hard on bodies.
No salt.
Dry summers.
No temp swings and condensation on things like the south.
I think cars come western Washington.
Isn't that dry?

I know. Destined to be parted out... seller wants to see it back on the road :( ... got to say that looks to me like a long shot at best.

Thing looks folded behind the door? Illusion? Bring a t̶r̶a̶i̶l̶e̶r̶ CHAINSAW!

Was able to see it in person. Well one side and the cabin that is. The hood latch is not functional so couldn't get into the engine bay and the trunk was closed and had no key at hand.
-Looks like was last tabbed in 1988 and may have been in same spot since. Passenger fender damaged in collision. Looks to be all original. Definitely a 69 model.
-Body will need lots of love... rust thru in quarter panels and trunk, likely other areas. Glass is good except windshield has a hole. Grill damage (from wreck? idk)
-Interior rough from moisture and the upholstery is needing covers and foam at least but I would guess the frames may be salvageable. Headrests appear to be decent other than some rust on the rods. Has a "wood" steering wheel that is rusted and cracked in one spot on the plastic "wood" wheel portion. Dash is ok and gauges are there with an aftermarket radio installed (dash cut to fit).
No A/C vents in cab so assume non A/C car.
Did not check floors for soundness. Car sunk into soil so unable to see underneath. Carpet is all there.
-Appears to have original wheels and standard wheel covers. All tires flat and old.
-Exterior lights all there. Front signals appear to be ok and lenses have cracks. Taillights have good plastic with no apparent cracks and frames have some pitting.
Hope this info is useful to someone.

Not folded behind the door. Door is sagging on hinges. Pic in ad makes it look like top is caved behind driver side rear window but top and pillar is not bent.

Don't count it out for rust.
From what I've seen Seattle isn't hard on bodies.
No salt.
Dry summers.
No temp swings and condensation on things like the south.
I think cars come western Washington.
Isn't that dry?

Did you see the rust on the trunk lid??? I bet the frame is pretty bad also...

-
Back