69 Charger Spindles

-

charger426

Reaction score
So I have a set of 69 Charger DRUM brake spindles around. Could I use those on my 71 Dart if I change my ball joints and other supporting items? The articles I found on Hot Rod and even on here talk about the E-Body and late B-Body DISK brake spindles being used but no one seems to have talked about using drum spindles. Reason I'm looking at this is there are some nice big brake kits for the b-body drum spindles that just aren't there for the A-bodies.

This is what I learned when I had my 69 Charger. The 73-76 A body disc brake spindle and the 62-71 B Body and 70-74 E Body drum brake spindles are the same dimensionally. So since the 63-72 A body drum brake spindle is the same dimensionally as the 73-76 disc spindle, it was reasonable to assume one could put the 62-71 B Body drum spindle on the 63-76 A Body. But why, since discs work so much better than drums. So my Charger got the 73-76 A Body discs which stopped so much better than the drums. This is just my opinion and what was published concerning drums vs discs - it might have been Ehrenburg who did the research.

Awesome! Figured its a heck of a lot cheaper to reuse those old spindles than to buy new drop spindles.

-
Back