69 cuda dash

-

Derrick Kidwell

Reaction score
My dash needs repainting previous owner painted all black, what is right color and what paint for the plastic dash is best?pics of properly painted dashes. Thanks for help in advance

Do a search Derek, lots of threads on this. Good one in particular that "cosgig" started a few years back. A DIY dash challenge so to speak.

Pics would help!

Options varied as well. Some where plain Jane and some had wood grain and black/silver.

9B53D462-7A2E-4427-96DA-A1CE07DFCCE7.jpeg
Plain Jane 69. In Baltic Blue poly.

Last edited:
Detroit Muscle has some really nice wood grain kits. I used one on mine.

I assume you are talking about the plastic instrument panel and plastic piece that goes on the glove box door like in the first two pictures of post #10. I had mine professionally restored about 15 years ago, but before that they were painted for about 10-12 Years. It took a lot of masking but here are the paints I used. Krylon satin black for the black, Testors silver model spray paint for the silver part and Testors chrome for the Chrome parts. The Testors chrome is not much different from each other, but there is a noticeable difference. Plus, there are better chrome paints available now (I did not spray any clear over the silver and chrome. That changes the look a lot). Anyway, over that 10-12 year period, I won quite a few awards, so it looked pretty good.

Last edited:
69 Barracuda/'cuda dash's are all the same in 2 versions. The standard dash as shown in #4 and below left are the base. The Gauge Pods are Black centers with White outer highlighting.

The upgraded rally sport and spring specials have the wood grain applique and black applique as shown below right. But the Gauge pods are the same!

The 67/68 center pods were chromed!

IMGP2015.JPG

194003_Interior_Web.jpg.png

-
Back