69 Dart dash/instrument cluster ideas

-

mrhinsjc

Reaction score
I have a 69 Dart- nothing special- and would like to do something really different/crazy with with the dash. I don't care to retain any of the stock stuff-every single piece is on the "chopping block".

The problem is I'm not very creative, and need some ideas. I would appreciate seeing anything that you guys may have done or seen. If you could do anything crazy, what would you want?

I did this in my 71 and I love it. Classic Instruments, purchased from summit racing.
upload_2022-7-23_15-57-13.png

The problem is round gauges are hard to see through the steering wheel. The sweeping stock speedometer is not.

Cut a 3-4 inch circle out of paper and tape it to the dash to where you can see it to get an idea of where it can be seen. Follow suit with paper circles for other gauges.

Make the entire dash area an LCD screen.

I think there is a company that does this.

(Worst case a raspberry pi, LCD screen/s and some interface boards, and some programing, sparkfun.com would be a starting point)

Then you can display any dash configuration you want.

Yes, All '67-76 A-body dash frames will fit any '67-76 A-body. To be most correct use a '69 Dash. I do have a couple of extra 1967 Barracuda dash frames and could possibly put together a rough, but complete instrument cluster.

-
Back