Status
Not open for further replies.

shadango

Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Contact seller
Hey folks

My aunt/uncle are looking to sell a brand new OEM 1969 Dart front fender, driver's side. It is supposed to be like brand new, in primer, as purchased way back in the day from a dealer.

They are asking $500 on craigslist but I said I would also post it here.

Looking for feedback on the price......not sure if shipping a part that large would be cost effective or not.....located in pittsburgh area.

****Edit -- ok, now that I have seen pics (below) I wouldnt say it's "like new"...it has some light surface rust on it.

Hello; Could you please give me the part number, it's probably stenciled on the inside of the fender. Thank you.

I will ask them to look for that info and to take some pics.

It may take a few days, though, ok?

I bought a pair of fenders, stored in the rafters of a body shop for 35 years. Only difference is these had paint on them, but also headlights, wiring harness, lights and emblems. I paid $400 for the pair, so I think your price is high. FYI.

I bought a pair of fenders, stored in the rafters of a body shop for 35 years. Only difference is these had paint on them, but also headlights, wiring harness, lights and emblems. I paid $400 for the pair, so I think your price is high. FYI.

Thanks...Thats the kind of info they are looking for.

How long ago was it that you bought those? Of course they were used, right?

This is a brand new one in the wrapper from what I am told.

Of course it doesn't have the other parts you listed either.....my guess is that seller you ran across was also looking to get rid of it all?

The fenders I referred to in my earlier post were used and I bought them in November. Good luck on your sale. Regardless of the price you ask, they are certainly a rare find. But you never know. I found a NOS rear fender for my 40 Chevrolet at Carlisle a couple of years back. Still had the dealer wire tag on it. You never know what's out there.

Hi again

I got a few pictures, but still waiting for better ones......of the back, etc.

P6272598.jpg

P6272597.jpg

P6272596.jpg

The rust that is on it is very light surface rust from sitting I guess.

Also, I was told:

"the original punch card was still attached and the part number of the inside fender as well as on the punch card is 02933663 "

Can you show a picture of the backside of the fender? The OEM replacement fenders of the 70's used the 73-76 fender skin, and don't have the inner brace like the original 69's did, also the wheel opening is slightly larger and the top edge where the fender bolts to the inners, is slightly different on the replacement fender. It's just a bit of an issue if someone is trying to exactly match it with their other fender. I bought a NOS fender for a 67, and it used the same 73-76 skin, took me a long time to find a match for it.

Can you show a picture of the backside of the fender? The OEM replacement fenders of the 70's used the 73-76 fender skin, and don't have the inner brace like the original 69's did, also the wheel opening is slightly larger and the top edge where the fender bolts to the inners, is slightly different on the replacement fender. It's just a bit of an issue if someone is trying to exactly match it with their other fender. I bought a NOS fender for a 67, and it used the same 73-76 skin, took me a long time to find a match for it.

I am hoping to get photos of the backside soon. Thanks for your interest.

Hi all

Just wanted to followup -- the fender is sold. Thanks for your interest!

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back