'69 Dart Stripe Dimensions - Need Some Help

-

ocdart

Inland Mopars Car Club
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Need a little help please. I purchased a '69 Dart stripe from ChallengerGary and need some dimensions and correct positioning assistance since I don't have an original '69 Dart to check.
I've seen a few in shows recently that were obviously incorrect so want to do mine exact. I know the stripe centers on the rear reflector but how about the break between the upper and lower portions of the stripe?
Does the break between the portions center on the crease in the body line?
Did a web search earlier today and it looks like the top portion comes all the way down to the body line crease on most of the photos.
Also, what's the correct spacing between the bottom edge of the top portion thin stripe and the top edge of the bottom portion thin stripe?
Hopefully, I've explained this well. Re-reading my post sounds confusing and I know what it is I'm asking!
Thanks in advance. Pics will help a bunch!!!

The way you described the placement in relation to the center body crease is correct...."top portion comes all the way down to the body line crease on most of the photos".

As far as spacing between the top and bottom sections, the gap is 13/16" exactly between the thin stripes. The stripe kit I bought came in 3 pieces; the trunk part, and one for each quarter panel. The quarter panel pieces, although nade up of a top & bottom for each side, came on one carry sheet so there was no need to aquire the 13/16" gap that you asked for. Maybe Gary's stripes are in more than 3 pieces?

I used pictures and measurements of an original stripe for placement on my car. Kim from Colorado took the pix for me. Maybe if he sees this thread he'll chime in.

George

Thanks George. Exactly the information I was looking for.

-
Back