69 Dart Swinger/New sunvisors.

-

69DARTWANTED

Reaction score
So, one of my sun visors is chewed to hell from a mouse. I cut the vinyl off. I see the rod that came with the factory part doesn't just slide out. When I look to new replacements they say I need to use the original rods etc. I don't understand how the rods can go back inside the new visors......anybody replace these? Suggestions on the bet place to get them?

Nevermind. I figured out....with a little WD40 that there are two pins in each visor. I've not got them removed. Anyone got a recommendation on who to buy the new ones from?

Nevermind. I figured out....with a little WD40 that there are two pins in each visor. I've not got them removed. Anyone got a recommendation on who to buy the new ones from?

Did you ever have any luck?

I have new visors as well..

-Batman

any pics by chance??

I am lost on these.

:)

-Batman

I didn't take any pictures, but I'd be happy to step you through it. The metal pins actually slide in and out of the original equipment. Mine were very tight.....49 years of not moving I guess. If your old ones are junk.....it might make sense for you to cut the old fabric off so you can see what your dealing with. Basically, you just need to get a good grip on the t piece pins. A vise grip or bench vise will do the trick. Then.....just pull. Hope this helps.

I didn't take any pictures, but I'd be happy to step you through it. The metal pins actually slide in and out of the original equipment. Mine were very tight.....49 years of not moving I guess. If your old ones are junk.....it might make sense for you to cut the old fabric off so you can see what your dealing with. Basically, you just need to get a good grip on the t piece pins. A vise grip or bench vise will do the trick. Then.....just pull. Hope this helps.
Where on the visor is the t pin actually located?

-Batman

My old visors will most likey be sold.
DO NOT. AND I MEAN DO NOT sell your visors until your new ones are installed.

The pins, are the metal rods that slide through the actual sun visor. I was under the impression when I ordered new visors that the metal portion was included. Rookie mistake. Basically, you are taking the metal out of the visor, and putting it into the new one.

-
Back