69 Dart vinyl top EMBLEM & trim questions

-

nothingbutdarts

Reaction score
#1: The emblem on the side of the vinyl top pictured Dart, does this emblem attach with fasteners going thru holes in the body? If so, did all 69 Swingers with vinyl tops have these emblems?
The car I am trying to put back together has a new vinyl top on it, that I had put on a number of years (20 plus years) ago. I do not remember if it had them or was supposed to have them. If they are installed thru holes, I have tried to look for the holes from the inside since the inside is gutted right now.

#2: The pictured vinyl top rear trim pieces, the one piece has the nut screwed onto the threaded retaining clip & this piece goes on the flat bottom of the rear of the windshield, the other two pieces with the non threaded retaining clips run up along the side contour to just before the drip rail. What is supposed to hold these two clips into the body. Are they the correct retaining clips? It's funny, they have like what appears a rubber seal to them.
Thank You!

image000000 - 2022-02-16T120642.746.jpg

image000000 - 2022-02-16T121429.636.jpg

image000000 - 2022-02-16T124749.088.jpg

Last edited:
all my Darts are 1970 models but they use the same trim. On all my cars they use the clips with spring tabs that you show in all except the very front hidden position (next to the quarter window, but not the chrome screw that goes through the end of the trim) and the snap on head screw in that position is not at all available anywhere, so I used the spring clips on those too. If you get new clips (Tom Race RT specialties) they will have no threads and they get threaded when you install the PAL nuts from inside the trunk. PAL nuts are those hollow nuts and they should be over filled with sealer so that they don't leak. If you go that way remember to buy enough clips/nuts to fill all the holes, not just order a set since it will be 2 shy.

When I got my '69 Swinger, with a vinyl top, the fratzog sail panel emblems were missing. I had a new headliner installed, found the two holes in each sail panel. Picked up a set of emblems from a member here, each one has two posts and barrel nuts that go through the vinyl and into the sail panel holes.

I am not sure if all vinyl-top equipped Swingers had them, but don't recall ever seeing one (except mine) that didn't have them. If yours was originally a vinyl roof, then the holes should be there.

20200814_163216.jpg

My car was ordered with an optional painted top . No Fratzog... I wonder why they only came on vinyl top cars ?

-
Back