69 Dodge Dart stuck rear quarter window

-

Iceworkz

Reaction score
As the title says my rear quarter window is stuck in the full down postion. I can't see any problems as the rollers all look OK but I have no idea why it won't move. Any tips or suggestions ?

it probably jumped the track, my rear window does that as well. if you can still see the window grab the sides and wiggle it up as you roll it up and it'll hopefully go back on the track. if that doesn't work I'm not sure. but give it a try!

My Barracuda had the same issue, but I had to spray the mechanism that rolls up and down. It was rusty and frozen. Took a couple of hours and works like new. Good luck.

I have to grab the corner of the window (by the door jam) and help it up as you roll it up.

Could be it has gone out of adjustment. No doubt you've found the inspection hole. Needless to say quarter windows are a *****. You can make adjustments , in out , up and down. As said before try wiggling it, may be off track but be careful because the back roller can come out of the channel. Try white Lithium spray. A very good tool is a shop manual.

Update: Everything is out and the it's the window regulator mechanism. It winds one way fine then reverse it and it binds up every 180 degrees.

I'll try cleaning and re-greasing it, hopefully that will fix it.

-
Back