-
Status
Not open for further replies.

ragtopfury

Reaction score
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Contact seller
It is time to let her go. I'm not in a spot where I HAVE to sell her, but rather in a spot where I'm READY to sell her to free up some funds and space for my next build ('68 B'cuda ragtop).

SO... Up for sale is my 1969 Fury III convertible. Sure, our A bodies are fun cruisers and street/strip cars but, you can put the whole family of 6 in a land yacht and set sail with the wind in your hair.

The original owner gave me the car in March of '99. It was your typical "been sitting outside from 1981 until I dragged her home in 1999 B7 blue" basket case. It was a complete car with approx 85k on the clock. Except for the 2 years that we built my son's '65 B'cuda, she's been garaged kept. I started picking at it in 2000 and she came home from the paint shop Easter Monday 2005 in B5 blue. It is a base/clear paint, but I do not remember what brand of paint was used, and the receipt doesn't specify. June of 2005, I made the maiden voyage/shakedown run 40 minutes to the guy's house who gave it to me, just to keep up my end of the bargain. The car is not perfect, nor do I pretend or intend to pass it off as such. It is, however, a very, very nice looking cruiser that has gone without issue from Baltimore, Md to the Nats in Ohio and back in 2007and I have made the trip from Baltimore to Carlisle nearly every year since putting her on the road, with no issues - ever. Some years, I've made that 2.5 hour trip 2x in a weekend on 1 tank of gas! I've only put approx 8k miles on her since putting her on the road.

The details: 93,300 miles on the odometer. The original 318 was rebuilt and retains it's original bore/pistons/rods/crank, Summit K6901 cam/lifter kit .441/.441 lift 276/288 duration, Melling HV oil pump, and Summit's true roller chain. I had been running a six pack on it since day one, but have swapped it out for a TM5 intake and Edelbrock 650cfm carb. The six pack was too much carb for it so I was only running on the center carb. I did look cool, tho. It truly runs better now than it ever did, and I always thought it ran damn good as it was. For a 318 in a 4200 pound car, it does very well. Rather than the 904 that was under it when I got it, I put a rebuilt 727 behind the 318. I do not recall what year trans it is, but it does have a trans-go kit in it and a mopar torque converter p4876870-ab that I can not find the specs on, as well as the recommended flex plate p4876821. The rear is an open diff with 3.55 gears. The front end was done with a PST "rubber" kit. All door glass and the windshield came out of an AC '70 Newport because I wanted the factory tinted side glass. The hood, deck lid, both fenders and left door came off of '69 383 Fury parts car that I dragged home in 2001/2. I also installed the front sway bar from that 69. I had been driving it with the Newport's seats dyed black until 3 years ago when I finally had them redone with cloth inserts - my back and legs have thanked me on summer days! Speaking of the seats, the front is a 50/50 split bench with center armrests. The driver's seat is six-way power adjustable. The convertible top was old replacement stock I found on ebay, while the glass rear window/curtain was purchased from Year One. I never bought a new parade boot for when the top is down, but the shrunken original is in the trunk. Brakes are power assist drums 11x3 up front and 11x2.5 in the rear, behind the mid 80's cop car wheels. Tires size is 225/70/15. All wheel studs are right hand thread. (I never got around to swapping to disc's Rani) The power steering is starting to leak at the top of the box. The only place I see just starting to bubble very little is the lower rear corner of the passenger door. The paint still shows very well. I did not get pics of the floors/trunk today. They are not rusted thru. They were impossible to find 15-20 years ago, so I made my own. They are solid, but far from original. Some might even consider them ugly. The carpet was replaced when I had the seats done 3 years ago because it was fading in some spots.

The spares: With the car, if the new owner wants it, goes the following - upper and lower control arms, front drum/spindle assemblies, steering box and pump, the original un-tinted door and qtr glass, driver quality front door panels, a pair of axles and torsion bars, various pieces of trim, top bows and header, instrument cluster, dash trim, window tracks/cranks, full wheel covers and another 2 boxes of odds and ends.

If the car was perfect and/or a trailer queen, I'd be asking twice as much based on several classic car price guides. That being said, I am asking $12,500. The car is located in Glen Burnie, MD. Delivery up to 250 miles is possible. That delivery would be me driving it with son following me to bring me home. I would not hesitate to drive it anywhere.

20190331_154326[1].jpg
20190331_154337.jpg
20190331_154348.jpg
20190331_154403.jpg
20190331_154417.jpg
20190331_154522.jpg
20190331_154548.jpg
20190331_154559.jpg
20190331_154615.jpg
20190331_154639.jpg

Last edited:
I can attest this is a great looking car as I looked it over when he and his son drove the 2.5 hours from Baltimore to Strasburg to pick up some parts. Someone is going to get a nice cruiser! Good luck with the sale!

I can attest this is a great looking car as I looked it over when he and his son drove the 2.5 hours from Baltimore to Strasburg to pick up some parts. Someone is going to get a nice cruiser! Good luck with the sale!
Agree- great Looking Car-
Just wondering why people cover up license plates in pics? Don't people see the plates all the time when parked or driving?

Typically when I post pics on FABO, I don't cover them. But I also listed in a few other places with the same pics, and at least one of those, although can be productive, is a popular hangout for scammers.

Meanwhile back at the marina, she's ready to set sail. Just need a new captain at the helm....

Typically when I post pics on FABO, I don't cover them. But I also listed in a few other places with the same pics, and at least one of those, although can be productive, is a popular hangout for scammers.

Meanwhile back at the marina, she's ready to set sail. Just need a new captain at the helm....
But what is the fear of leaving them uncovered? what can happen- just curious-

Just sold all the spare parts to a member on fcbo that was in dire need.

New price without the spare parts $11,000

Still here - the weather is getting better, so I'm starting to sail to work a couple of days a week with a for sale sign on the shark fin.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back