69 Resto Issues

-

69sR-US

Reaction score
Anyone know who supplies replacement bolts for the doors to hinges on my 69 Cuda ? Also looking for new fastener kit for that pesky front header panel, the one that you're afraid to bend ? Seems like I've searched the world over and no luck yet.
Thanks

The front header panel is simply held in with 1/4 x 20 nuts and bolts. They do not show, so hardware store hardware will work. The hinge bolts are pretty much the same. Unless you are building a trailer queen and want absolute perfection in every bolt, nut and screw, You can use regular bolts. That being said, If there is a Fastenal store near you, they have a pretty good line of fasteners that look quite a lot like the originals. Try their website www.fastenal.com/ and look under fasteners

Thanks much , that was my next " go to ". There is a Fastenal not too far from me. I was in the mind set to order pre-fab kits since my body shop owner is crazy OCD far worse than I am. Was trying not to have to run all over the place with the old stuff and trying to match em up. Much appreciated.
P.S. kinda looks like a trailer queen but trust me when I say ..... I'm gonna drive this crazy fish.

Any takers on offering advise on finding liter duty hood hing springs on my 69 fish ? Ordered a new fiberglass hemi hood for it and it's set up to bolt up using the original hood hinges but I'm knowing that the hinge springs are gonna nee to be changed to allow less resistance when closing the hood and not cracking the glass hood. Someone mentioned it before but i forgot to write it down and the hood is about a week away on delivery. Thanks for bringing your expertise to the table

-
Back