69 Swinger/Back from the dead!

-

69DARTWANTED

Reaction score
Hey all,

Check out this 69 Swinger I found this car in central Wisconsin last week!

I've attached a few photos of the last weeks progress between me and the kiddos.

When I bought the car last Monday, it hadn't run since 2003. Me and the kids put some time into it, and now I have it roaring like a lion! Factory 340 4-speed, now a 440 with a reverse manual valve body 727. Anyway, the rear quarters have been cut to put more rubber to the road. However, the car still has the factory SBP 4x5. If you look close at the photos you will see the cut rear quarters, and these "dinky" tires on factory ralleye wheels. I'm looking for photos and tire/rim sizes from other guys out there with cut rear quarters. I want to give this thing a much MEANER STANCE!!!!

Do I need to go to a 5 on 4.5?

Anybody out there got 5 on 4inch bolt pattern with some meat in the rear?

All thoughts and ideas are appreciated.

0.jpg

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

Hey all,

Check out this 69 Swinger I found this car in central Wisconsin last week!

I've attached a few photos of the last weeks progress between me and the kiddos.

When I bought the car last Monday, it hadn't run since 2003. Me and the kids put some time into it, and now I have it roaring like a lion! Factory 340 4-speed, now a 440 with a reverse manual valve body 727. Anyway, the rear quarters have been cut to put more rubber to the road. However, the car still has the factory SBP 4x5. If you look close at the photos you will see the cut rear quarters, and these "dinky" tires on factory ralleye wheels. I'm looking for photos and tire/rim sizes from other guys out there with cut rear quarters. I want to give this thing a much MEANER STANCE!!!!

Do I need to go to a 5 on 4.5?

Anybody out there got 5 on 4inch bolt pattern with some meat in the rear?

All thoughts and ideas are appreciated.

View attachment 1715357962

View attachment 1715357963

View attachment 1715357964

View attachment 1715357965

View attachment 1715357966

View attachment 1715357967

View attachment 1715357968
Nice car! Where are you in Wisconsin? That Charger looks familiar.

jealous! or would it be green with envy? Nice car! if you want to sell it as a roller...
a B-body rear end in the car would set the wheels out further and then get rims offset to the inside.
yes, it does need larger rear tires/wheels. good luck and enjoy your new car! Bob

-
Back