70 340 Dart Driver

-
Looks like the snowball is rolling full speed! Nice job

20170311_180754.jpg

My paint gun can paint at any angle so I shot the motor hanging from a cherry picker. I just kept changing my angle until I got good coverage.

I have Caswell's copy cad system with the brightener. Time consuming but good reults.
20170130_185031.jpg

Last edited:
Wow looks great.. are you using base /clear?

Just a quick update. My new TTI exhaust is installed. I have a list of small items to finish. My plan is to do the first firing this weekend.
20170416_185737.jpg

Looking great!! I hope to see it at Mopars in the park this June! I'll be out there with my 71 hemi orange duster 340 4 speed. So we'd be parked pretty close if you are out there.

Well, after swapping 2 wires in the firing order I started my engine. After breaking the cam in I adjust the idLe down to 850 or so. Now I hear a loud clunk noise that I'm pretty sure is coming from the 4 speed trans. I only hear it at idle I hoping it's the clutch fork not being connected to the z-bar.

When you where breaking in the cam did you have gear oil in the gear box?
Well, after swapping 2 wires in the firing order I started my engine. After breaking the cam in I adjust the idLe down to 850 or so. Now I hear a loud clunk noise that I'm pretty sure is coming from the 4 speed trans. I only hear it at idle I hoping it's the clutch fork not being connected to the z-bar.

Yes, the trans was topped off.

I found the problem. Apparently a couple needle bearings got pushed out of place when I reinstalled the main shaft into the input shaft. I corrected the problem and now the trans runs smooth.

Making progress, I moved the SRT off my lift so I could use it to finish up my Dart. Here are a few pics of my progress. As you can see I will be busy next winter with more metal work.

20170429_101422.jpg
20170430_140727.jpg

20170430_140705.jpg

What is the height of your garage ceiling? That picture makes me want a car lift ..

10' 1" I did my tranny, exhaust and drives haft in exactly one hour. It's a huge time saver and I store a car on top and park my daily driver underneath.

Mine is 9'4" and I stand 5'10" and would love to have a lift...
Great job btw...

-
Back