Not open for further replies.

Six Barrel Bill

FABO Gold Member
FABO Gold Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Contact seller
Hello, we are currently working on my daughters 71 Demon and converting it from a bench to buckets. We already have the high back buckets from a 71 Satellite and are now looking for the bucket seat tracks for both front seats.

Hoping to find a pair as complete as possible for the 70-72 A-Body and definitely don't have to be restored or show quality. I will bring them back to life.

I realize the 67-69 will bolt to the floor but would just rather get the correct ones, less fuss is my hope!

Thanks, Bill

Last edited:
Well it came with a pair of Hi back buckets and the 4 tracks but they were not installed. They were loose inside the car. I'll look at the ones I have tomorrow.

Great, thank you! I wish I could find the dimensions or even a part #, I just know they are totally different than my Roadrunner! The tracks may have a single wire connecting each set together...if they are still there. If you can, please post some pictures.

Last edited:
Here are the ones I have.

72 A seat tracks.jpg

72 A seat tracks-2.jpg

72 A seat tracks-3.jpg

72 A seat tracks-4.jpg

Well dang, I don't think those are it. The big spring hangs totally different and the bends don't seem to be there. I'm not quite sure what those are out of?

I appreciate the time you took to look at these for me, I just don't think they will work.

Bill

Yeah I'm not sure what they are. They did fit the floor holes but I don't know. Maybe someone can ID them for me.

I am taking a 72 interior out of the 70 Duster being exterminated today. I have some potential dreamers but nothing changed hands There are all four 72 panels , Two buckets, and two complete back seats plus a bunch of medallions. I will get a picture when they are taken out.

I believe 72 tracks are different then 70-71 They do not have the connecting cables as the early years. There is a 71 seat bottom on the floor of the garage I got it down for comparing the tracks for the brown Duster. Left to right . I tried to use the bench seat retractable belts. They will not work on the drivers side. It hit the seat leaver. I thought I had the wrong seat track. You must use bucket seat, Seat belts. The center rear seat belt for the rear will work as both outer belts But you need the plastic cover for the belt.

Good luck on the belts. I have not seen one car on Google images or the web with the correct belts for reference. Everyone puts the buckets in but no one has a clue on the belts. After going through about 100 belts. I finally found a set for the brown Duster. The Duster came with a bench seat originally.

Note the second picture has a retractable bench seat belt which hit the set leaver which is rearward compared to the pasenger side seat track The first picture has the correct belt it is a strap with a plastic cover

DSCN1572.JPG

DSCN0388.JPG

Thank you for that info! This is my first time converting from bench to buckets. My daughter (her car) insists we do this, she loves the setup in my Roadrunner. Another unexpected expense for the project, but that's how it goes.
Anyway...
Are you willing to part with the 72 seat tracks or are you looking to sell the complete seats with tracks? Honestly, I don't care if the tracks are 70, 71 or 72. I'm guessing any of those years should work for the high back buckets we got. I checked the build date for the seats and the tag indicates they were built 1/4/72, so late 71's. You mentioned bucket seat belts, do you have a set your looking to sell as well?

Last edited:
Let me get the boxes down and get matched sets together. It may not be until the week end. Remind me because I have a memory like a Elephant. A dead one. LOL

@Oldmanmopar do you have an idea in mind of what you'll want for the seat tracks and/or seat belts? Trying to give my daughter a heads up for what she should expect.:)
You can PM me with prices if you'd like.

Thanks
Bill

Let me get the boxes down and get matched sets together. It may not be until the week end. Remind me because I have a memory like a Elephant. A dead one. LOL
Hi there! Just sending a reminder as you asked :D...seat tracks/possible seat belts

Bill

If you are interested I have a spare set of new seat brackets that I apparently in my infinite wisdom ordered twice from moparplus.com...when I realized I order two sets in stead of one I figured I'd hold them for a future project. But if someone can use them now I'm willing to sell them for what they cost me less my original shipping costs, so at the same retail cost.

3840-AKIT Mopar 1970-72 A-body Seat Track Kit

Brand new in the box - $380 + shipping.

Status
Not open for further replies.
-
Back