'70 Dart 392 Project; what direction?

-
Got a bracket ordered from Jegs. Should allow me to copy SRT8Cudas linkage.
Modified my pedal again today. The cable was kinking a bit with a poor mockup so will secure it better and improve the routing when the bracket shows up. I can’t stand a sticky pedal motion so hoping this gets it right.

IMG_1005.jpeg

Here's a question for you all.... Does the throttle body blade have to be 100% flat to maximize airflow? I'm sure the megasquirt has a calibration for 0-100% throttle no matter where the valve ends up at. I'm pretty sure with a slight adjustment I can get the throttle body valve to slightly below parallel. Thinking of all the twists and turns that air has to make to actually reach the combustion chamber, I'm wondering if it's even worth making sure it opens up completely flat. All the airflow throttle body testing I've seen show that they're not really a bottle neck for power/flow...

I can get about 1.8" of travel with my stock pedal, and throttle body opens up with about 2.1" of cable travel...
Bracket won't be here till thursday and I"m gone thursday-sunday so won't be able to work on the car until next week. In the mean time I ordered a Cold Case 755K radiator/fan combination from jegs and a bulkhead fitting with 10AN and 6AN fittings to run my AC hoses through to the Cold master AC unit under the dash.

Mike

Here's a question for you all.... Does the throttle body blade have to be 100% flat to maximize airflow? I'm sure the megasquirt has a calibration for 0-100% throttle no matter where the valve ends up at. I'm pretty sure with a slight adjustment I can get the throttle body valve to slightly below parallel. Thinking of all the twists and turns that air has to make to actually reach the combustion chamber, I'm wondering if it's even worth making sure it opens up completely flat. All the airflow throttle body testing I've seen show that they're not really a bottle neck for power/flow...

I can get about 1.8" of travel with my stock pedal, and throttle body opens up with about 2.1" of cable travel...
Bracket won't be here till thursday and I"m gone thursday-sunday so won't be able to work on the car until next week. In the mean time I ordered a Cold Case 755K radiator/fan combination from jegs and a bulkhead fitting with 10AN and 6AN fittings to run my AC hoses through to the Cold master AC unit under the dash.

Mike
You can calibrate 0-100% anyway you want, so it doesn't have to be open 100% to call it 100%. That's kind of where I am, it's pretty close so I bought a 92mm throttle body to compensate.

20240421_183212[1].jpg

You can calibrate 0-100% anyway you want, so it doesn't have to be open 100% to call it 100%. That's kind of where I am, it's pretty close so I bought a 92mm throttle body to compensate.

View attachment 1716240773
That's what I'm thinking as well! I've also got a 92mm TB... My diesel moves way more air than this engine ever will and the intake elbow and grid heater is way more restrictive than this 92mm throttle body will be at 90% open.

Mike

-
Back